Wii Fit

Options
So... has the Wii Fit actually helped anyone?? I've been doing some of it and was wondering if I should keep with it. I was also wondering how accurate that scale is??? It says I am 140 and I'm pretty sure that is NOT the case. I WISH!

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    That what I use to work out with. It seems like an OK work out. The scale is a bit of not in our favor it seems. :smile:
  • alligator1970
    Options
    I have used it since January and lost close to 20 pounds. Doing a combo of yoga, jogging, step aerobics and some of the strengh traning. I got to a plateau and decided I nedded to step it up so I bought the myfitnesscoach. So yes it works to some extent. I am at 139 and trying to get to 135...good luck
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I lost my first 50 lbs solely on the Wii Fit. I still like to go back to it sometimes, but I have added My Fitness Coach and Gold's Gym to my lineup for Wii, and am now doing serious cardio on the treadmill and elliptical in my building's gym. They are coming out with the 2nd incarnation of Wii Fit soon, and it will have an improved interface where you don't have to press the A button a thousand times. I will definitely invest in that.
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing! I'm going to dust off my wii fit and try some work outs with my HRM on.
  • cpafford79
    Options
    I just purchased a Wii game system this weekend and I insisted on having the Wii Fit to go along with it. I tried it a couple of times over the weekend and so far I really like it because it makes my workouts fun and exciting! One question though....can anyone recommend a workout schedule or suggest some great games that burn lots of calories?
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    I've found if you do the hula hoop one a lot it really works your core.

How is the scale on everyone's wii fit? Is it fairly accurate? According to my home scale it is 5lbs off, but I don't know which one is accurate or not.
  • cpafford79
    Options
    I don't pay that much attention to the Wii fit scale because I usually work out in the late evenings (after I've already eaten). I figure since I started with using my regular scale, I will just stick to that. On that one I weight first thing in the am :blushing: !
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    cpaff:

Recommend lots of repititions of the step aerobics and the boxing is great. Running in place can be boring, though. The yoga poses helped me straighten out my body. As Loren says the Hula Hoop really works out your core.

Loren:

I'm on my second board now, and I found the scale fairly accurate on both. But I have heard stories. You should weigh yourself on a real scale and your wii fit at the same time and under the same conditions, and see if yours is really off. You can always use the clothing adjustment screen to adjust for the differences.
  • alligator1970
    Options
    I quit weighing on it to. I bought a digital scale and weigh in the morning. I always had to weigh on it at night right after eat, when i worked out. But it did seem to be fairly accurate. Do you have it sitting on carpet? That might skew the weight some.
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    My girlfriend has it and I would go over there and we would workout together. It was fun and I like how you can set up your own custom workout. The inline skating where you jump off platforms was a killer! I love the punching and baseball. She has the fit and got the fitness coach one. Yeah having to press the A button so many times is annoying. I think overall if you really use it to it's fullest it can really work.

Demetria
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So, how much does the whole thing go for? The Wii and the Wii Fit?