Do you use or ever used Wii fit plus?

Options
I just bought it and used it for 24 minutes, only burning 114 calories. I can burn a lot more at the gym using the arc trainer.

I bought it to switch up my exercise regime, and not rely on the gym if I am busy, but my feet hurt when doing the running...and doesnt make me feel like I am at my fullest exercise potential.

I mean...I burn 500 calories in 40 minutes doing intense workouts on the arc trainer.

Any tips?

Replies

• RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My wife and I used Wii Fit for like a month. I didn't really feel like I was accomplishing much, and I really wanted to punch the little Wii character in the throat every time he asked me where I had been or why I gained weight.
    I wouldn't really trust the Wii calorie burn unless you can confirm it with a HRM. Wii seems to exaggerate.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i have wii fit plus. i like it. the cals you burn arent so much but it works! i had the origional wii fit and in three months lost 30 pounds doing it 30 min a day. granted... i was going through a breakup and kept myself sooo busy i forgot to eat alot. not the best tip really... hmm... ANYWAY! :) wii fit is good for someone who wants to stay home. i guess it could be "too easy" for someone used to exorcising at the gym. i like it anyway :)
  • Rodgers2008
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus but I only use it for stuff like yoga and when I don't need to burn mnay calories.Jillian Michaels has a Wii game called "Fitness Ultamatum" and I usually burn 200 or more calories in 35 minutes depending on the intensity.Try that...Amazon usually has the games for less then Kmart and Walmart.They're just estimated calories tho.Have Fun!
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have it and I like it for the yoga positions and for the games. :)
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus but I only use it for stuff like yoga and when I don't need to burn mnay calories.Jillian Michaels has a Wii game called "Fitness Ultamatum" and I usually burn 200 or more calories in 35 minutes depending on the intensity.Try that...Amazon usually has the games for less then Kmart and Walmart.They're just estimated calories tho.Have Fun!

Yea...Im going to give it a week. I just realized you can customize your whole workout instead of selecting a section ever 3 minutes. I think that might be getting on my nerves. I havent tried strength training or yoga yet.

Another reason I got it was because I don't do yoga or much strength training because I am quite clueless on what to do. I thought it could help even if I do it 3 times a week while going to the gym to burn more calories 3 times a week as well?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Exerbeat is a good one. I've burned 700 cals on an hour of that, It has boxercising, karate, pilates, latin dancing. you start off with short routines and unlock longer ones as you go and earn miles around the world.

People say Zumba games give you a good calorie burn, and the Just Dance ones.

I use the Wii for the toning and the games challenge my co-ordination then make up the rest of the calories on my exercise pedals, if I did a low burn session on the Wii.

You could also combine it with a exercise DVD like the 30 day shred for roughly 30 mins then 30 mins of boxing on wii or something? (Wii sports used to come free with the console)
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Exerbeat is a good one. I've burned 700 cals on an hour of that, It has boxercising, karate, pilates, latin dancing. you start off with short routines and unlock longer ones as you go and earn miles around the world.

I use the Wii for the toning and the games challenge my co-ordination then make up the rest of the calories on my exercise pedals, if I did a low burn session on the Wii.

You could also combine it with a exercise DVD like the 30 day shred for roughly 30 mins then 30 mins of boxing on wii or something? (Wii sports used to come free with the console)

I dont really want to get rid of the whole console because of so many different games I can play with the board. I don't get the whole balance thing though?
  • ReneeIngram11
    Options
    I used Wii Fit Plus and i don't like it.It can't burn more calories.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

I dont really want to get rid of the whole console because of so many different games I can play with the board. I don't get the whole balance thing though?

Exerbeat is for the Wii and has a selection of latin dance that can be done on balance board. My fitness Coach cardio workout has a selection of games that can be done using the balance board and the boxing section also gives you a good workout.
    The biggest loser game has mixture of workouts that involve the board and can choose your goal like trimming tummy or high intensity workouts, choose your target time and it puts together a routine for you.

You don't only have to play on the Wii Fit plus that came with it!

The aim of the balance games are to improve your balance and core strength, not specifically to burn as many cals as possible. Though if you combine the games with 4 or 5 METS you will burn more like the jog, hula hoop, advanced step, cycling around island one etc.. so could start with selection of those to get heart rate going then slow down with the yoga and muscle exercises.

I'm sure I read somewhere that low impact actually burns more body fat than high impact stuff but I can't remember where, something to do with when you go anaerobic, your body starts using muscle to get the energy from to do the workouts or something?

Try combining a few games to get a mixed hour routine if you want a bit that gets you out of breath first.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Try doing the my wii fit plus routines. They REALLY kick your tush
  • anggoc
    anggoc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started using Wii fitness Plus.I do free run for 20 minutes then I made my own routine that's 21 mins of some of the yoga and strength moves. I always get a good sweat and can really feel my arms and abs getting toned. I love the plank and push up /side plank move. I also burn way more calories on my elliptical but it's nice to have something different to do . I also need to tone now along with cardio.