Sabotaged by Packaging!

Options
:mad: Just wanted to share with everyone what happened recently. I bought a 12 pack of what I thought was DIET caffeine free Pepsi at the store last week. I've been really frustrated that I have been stuck the last week or so and even appeared to gain a little. Last night, while sipping my "DIET" soda, I glanced at the nutrition info to recheck the sodium. When I saw 41g of carbs, I was like, "what?" Then I looked closer and realized I had accidentally purchased regular caffeine free Pepsi. 150 calories, 41g of carbs abd 41g of sugar in each 12 oz can! :explode: I had already consumed 7 cans in about 3 days. NO WONDER! I know the diet soda is bad. Now I have an even better reason to eliminate it from my diet - accidentally buying the regular! I did a 75 minute HARD workout after that and went to bed fuming. Today's a new day though. I've found the culprit and ELIMINATED IT! I realize I'm getting older and just recently had to break down and get reading glasses, but I wish manufacturers wouldn't package the lower cal or diet products to look so much like the regular. How many others have been "sobotaged" by packaging?:frown:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OH man.................that would tick me off!!

I bought trail mix in prepackaged bags. Emerald breakfast blends. They are yummy and not too too bad at around 180 cals.

I ate 2-3 bags and one night read the label and :noway: 1 bag has 2 servings!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the h e double tooth picks can you have single serving bags with 2 servings in them!?

now I read everything:happy:
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    yeah, that's how they get you. I spend more time in the store now just because I really read all of the labels. What annoys me too even though I no longer buy any soda at all is that the 8oz 100cal cans cost more per oz than the regular 12oz cans! lol

Demetria
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I did that too with the nuts...Who eats half of a tiny bag? I try to be good and I am tricked! :explode: Did you guys notice that they say that cereal is better for you these days, but they decreased the serving size from 1 cup to 3/4 cup?! Who eats 3/4 cup at a time anyway....
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Frozen pizza used to get me. They generally seem to keep the calories per serving between 280 calories to 350 calories but the thin crust pizzas have 1/3 pizza for a serving and regular crust pizzas have 1/5 pizza for a serving. BTW how bloody hard is it to cut something into 1/5s!? WTF.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OH man.................that would tick me off!!

I bought trail mix in prepackaged bags. Emerald breakfast blends. They are yummy and not too too bad at around 180 cals.

I ate 2-3 bags and one night read the label and :noway: 1 bag has 2 servings!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the h e double tooth picks can you have single serving bags with 2 servings in them!?

now I read everything:happy:

"How in the h e double tooth picks" LOL!!!!!! You Funny Girl! :laugh: :bigsmile:

I AGREE! Packaging can be very SNEAKY! Those buggers! :grumble:
    So many things are 2 or 2.5 servings, hello! Who doesn't finish a whole package?

ICE CREAM is the thing I need portion control on the most.
    I just stared in utter amazement at the HaagenDazs cups at the market.
    4 or 6 ozs. ONLY = 260 CALS!!! :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    ICE CREAM is the thing I need portion control on the most.
    I just stared in utter amazement at the HaagenDazs cups at the market.
    4 or 6 ozs. ONLY = 260 CALS!!! :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:

:flowerforyou: I buy the individual Meadow Gold sundae cups - 3 oz = 90 calories. I know it's not HaagenDazs, but with a few M&M's on top it's still under 200 calories and keeps me SANE!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I did that too with the nuts...Who eats half of a tiny bag? I try to be good and I am tricked! :explode: Did you guys notice that they say that cereal is better for you these days, but they decreased the serving size from 1 cup to 3/4 cup?! Who eats 3/4 cup at a time anyway....

Me. :cry:

:tongue:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

Me. :cry:

:tongue:

Cereal is definately one of my weaknesses.