It's not just about the scale (picture)

Options
fitrene
fitrene Posts: 52 Member
I also have this posted in motivation and support. Wasn't sure where to post this topic.

As a woman, the scale number ruled my day! That number on the scale in the morning was either good or bad. It would determine my mood, how my day would unfold, how I would act. Not any more.

I still weigh every day but only as a guideline. If I'm up, then I take a look at what time of the month it is, or did I eat too much sodium or sugar the day before. Do I need to intake more water, etc. It's just a number now, not a deal maker or breaker! Here is why.

I've been consistently weighing around 141-142 for the past 3-4 weeks, but my measurements have been dropping. I LOVE lifting weights. I do it daily with a split routine. I lift heavy, but I am not bulky at all. There will be pictures below!

I'm just excited to share and hopefully motivate someone out there as I have been motivated by all of you!

Today's measurements

Height: 65 inches (5'5")
Neck: 12.25
Waist: 26
Hips: 38.25
BF%: 24.6

Starting Measurements (6/01/2011)
Height: 65 inches
Neck: 12.8
Waist: 34
Hips: 43.75
BF%: 40.34%

So the scale may only say 23.6 lbs. lost, but actually, I've lost 31.78 lbs. of fat and gained 8.2 lbs of muscle! Dropping from a very tight size 14 to a comfy size 6 and even a few 4s depending on designer! I never thought I could gain that! I figured if you gain that kind of muscle, you bulk up, but I've learned from reading, my trainer, and my experiences, that unless you have a lot of testosterone, you cannot bulk up as a woman! I still have the cellulite and stretchmarks, but that's okay! I'm happy and healthy!

You get to see what I look like at 7am, sorry! I did not smile. I thought I would crop out my head, but I just decided what the heck!

ry%3D400ry%3D400
ry%3D400ry%3D400
ry%3D400ry%3D400

And then just for fun pose!

ry%3D400

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, I can see the difference :)
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Such a difference. Amazing:)
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I need to get off my butt and start lifting weights!
  • krose21987
    krose21987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up lady!!
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    wow huge difference !
    I weigh once a week and This morning the scale didnt budge for me so I measured and was excited to see the loss on my waist and hips. Made me feel alot better.

keep up the great work .
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Great job!! You can see your progress and your muscles coming through!! Keep it up!!
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous, GIRL!! Keep up the hard work, bc you are looking fabulous and motivating others!! GET IT!!
    -Andi
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My legs are similar to yours and I haven't lost much weight at all since the end of last summer, but I am changing my lower body shape. I could care less what the scale says (ok, I care a little...:wink: ) but what I care about is the measurements and how things fit!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good work!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great results! Thanks for sharing, and congrats :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! I LOVE lifting and have seen a huge improvement. But, I would like to see the scale move a little!
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    you look fabulous!!! great job and thanks for the motivation, I'm a tight 14 right now so this is just the kind of thing that I need to see to keep my hopes up!
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Awesome results...and check out those muscles!!! Keep up the great work and attitude!!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Damn! Get it girl!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy = boss!!!! You look AWESOME :)
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Wowsers!!!! you look A-Mazing!!! well done! x
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You must feel amazing!!
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! I hope i can do the same as you!! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!