running pants to contain the jiggle

Options
I have started training for a 5k but I'm running into an issue, I have too much jiggle in my wiggle!! I need something to contain the jiggly bits while I run, and its not exactly comfortable. I'm 5'3" and about 180lbs, and am most definitely a pear so most of my weight is in my bottom half.

any advice? I'm on a budget so I'd like to be able to find something for around $30 so no underarmour for me unless someone knows of a super sale going on this weekend.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue. I'm planning on hitting up Target tonight to see if I can find some not-too-stretchy stretchy workout capris and I'll probably size down. I'm definitely going to try them on first and do a few ninja moves to see how the jiggle is contained lol.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Marshalls, or TJ Max... I found found some NIke & Asics for for less than $20.00 one was clearance price only $8.00!!!

PS. Under Armour outlet on line always has stuff on sale, I just got a bunch of tanks there for 12.99 Each & free shipping.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    look at the amount of spandex they have, before u buy, that's what I've learned. My no name pants from Kohls (tek gear?) had more spandex than the Nike's i recently bought....still jiggling with Nike :sad:

Sorry don't know about any specials/discounts or prices though
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I got a pair from Kohls. I dont remember the brand but they are black or grey and they adertise on the tag "tight fit"
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Old Navy's compression capris are pretty good, and not pricy at all.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    I wear a cheapo version of Spanx under my gear - high-waist control undies from Target (around $12). Can't do anything about the thigh jiggle, but it keeps the posterior and the grab handles in place!

PS I am also #180 and around 5'2"!
  • mrsshides
    mrsshides Posts: 26
    Options
    Compression tights !
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of bike shorts...the material is thicker so it contains the jiggle...then I throw a pair of lightweight shorts over them (not so comfortable in tight clothes)....that does the trick just fine and the shorts have a nice inner pocket for my keys.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    target carries a line of "slimming" workout pants, that are cut to be flattering.. they also have body slimmers built-in and keep all your wobbly bits in place...
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Purchase some under armor to wear under your running stuff. :)
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    Marshalls, or TJ Max... I found found some NIke & Asics for for less than $20.00 one was clearance price only $8.00!!!

PS. Under Armour outlet on line always has stuff on sale, I just got a bunch of tanks there for 12.99 Each & free shipping.

This is where I find all my stuff ... most of it us under $20!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    JCP Xersion brand is awesome for that! Reg price is around $35, but they are on sale all the time and I've never paid more than $18. Try buying a size smaller than usual, too. It really helps.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have you tried something like spanx its like a body suit that holds in all the giggle and smooths out bumps and lumps. You can get one at walmart a lot cheaper than ordering the name brand (spanx $100 vs walmart $20)
  • shannonperry13
    Options
    i have some stretchy things with velcro on the ends that are to wrap around your stomach for some reason? but if i'm going to do alot of running or jumping i put on a tank top and strap one around my boobs and one around my belly, then wear a tee shirt over top. helps alot with the jiggling and bouncing :) lol
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a compression line that's good and cheap. If you aren't tall or short they should work great!
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use Under Armour Compression pants and long sleeve shirts. (They have some that are temp controlled for hot weather and some for cold weather). They are a life saver for me because I have lost a lot and have a lot more jiggle than you do probably. Under Armour tightens everything up and it makes me feel like an athlete. Size wise, they go up to a 2X.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Kohls, Marshalls, TJMaxx all have decent prices on things!! I would try them on to and maybe run in place in the dressing room to check the jiggle. :) I have the same issue and the tigher the pants/shorts the better....although I once seen some cuties coming up behind me and my behind moved a lot faster, so they couldn't see my jiggle...almost a push myself motivator LOL !!!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS^^^^ Take a little time to shop around, you'll find what you need...hit up all those discount type places, you'll eventually find the right gear!
  • bratgrrl
    bratgrrl Posts: 30
    Options
    Nikki, Kohls TekGear! Black and grey and they are awesome! I like them so much better than the Nike I tried.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/crosssells/intimates/fall2011intimatesmailer/activewear/PRD~701067/Tek+Gear+Fit+and+Flare+Performance+Capris.jsp#
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I got some exercise Capris at TJ max at a very good price that holds everything in beautifully! New Balance makes them. They feel great and don't get heavy as I sweat. Target also has great work out clothes.