Weird things you find relaxing...

Options

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If I can't sleep and I come down to the couch, the sound of the dishwasher or the washer/dryer lul me to sleep. I sleep with a fan on every night of the year. If its winter I just point it at the wall.

Also, I love fishing...........very relaxing.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sitting in a car while someone else is driving.

Linkin Park turned up high on my head phones.

Listening to a mantra (Om Mani Padme Hum) being sung and.
    This version is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgHZWwyhcQ
    It drowns out all the thoughts...
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    the sound of a washing machine/ lawn mower/ hoover - these all relax me and could easily send me to sleep- i have no idea why? my fiance thinks im odd :huh: x
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love the sound of breaking glass….
    Years ago I worked as a beverage controller for a hotel in Texas and I would take all the empty bottles with our tax stamp out to the compactor at the end of each night. It was such a great stress reliever and I still love that sound!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    My mom's hair dryer. She has an old one with the bonnet thing that goes over her curlers
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love getting tattooed. Once the initial surge of adrenalin is gone, it's a wonderful relaxing experience.
    I love getting the bridge of my nose stroked, it can literally send me to sleep.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1. sitting in the sun (the warmer, the better)
    2. someone brushing my hair... omgosh, I nearly start to drool!
    3. massage (very light touch)
    4. running/working out... although right now less so since I'm on a training schedule
    5. a thunderstorm... I love watching storms!
    6. snuggling with the kids
    7, having coffee with my girlfriends
    8. just being in the presence of my husband calms me down (I'm naturally hyper.)
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    a glass of cabernet and a cigar while sitting on my deck listening to the birds
  • jazgale
    jazgale Posts: 16
    Options
    A cold water shower after working out..
  • ilovereese13
    Options
    Rainy days 4sure, cuddling with my boyfriend in my most comfy pajamas while watching a movie and I also find that playing hidden picture games can be relaxing time for me. I can't worry about bills or work or life in general if I'm searching for a wrench :)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have so many...

sitting on my porch watching a storm roll in
    listening to the waves at the beach, loud enough to drown out all other distractions
    doing jigsaw puzzles
    wind chimes in the backyard
    cutting the grass
    painting (as in a whole room)
    vacuuming
    my rocking chair on the front porch
    and my favorite...holding a sleeping baby or newborn. (Prob why I have so many kids...)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Rainy days 4sure, cuddling with my boyfriend in my most comfy pajamas while watching a movie and I also find that playing hidden picture games can be relaxing time for me. I can't worry about bills or work or life in general if I'm searching for a wrench :)

Do you play any of the games on FB? I like Gardens of Time and Hidden Chronicles.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The sound of rain (not storms though, they freak me out)
    Having my hair softly played with
    Hot shower
    any kind of white noise
    soft music
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Wind Chimes. A lot of people think they are annoying. The smell of rain too :)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    a glass of cabernet and a cigar while sitting on my deck listening to the birds

that's not weird...that's awesome!
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    sitting and listening to my horses grazing the grass, it's so relaxing and such a satisfying sound. :-)
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    my favorite thing is the sound of horse hooves on pavement, makes my day when i hear it
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Being in an aspen grove with the sunlight making the leaves flicker and the sound of the breeze through the branches. (that might be the cheesiest thing I have ever written in my life, but it's true)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Getting my hair played with. And when people gently stroke my skin. Makes me super happy and relaxed. Almost to the point that I can't speak.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    the shopping channel and/or infomercials