What does your typical day of eating look like? I'm getting

Options
2»

Replies

• agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    im super busy in the morning with four kids and i do a chocolate protein shake made with skim milk super yummy...... i use 20 oz skim milk and two scoops body fortress chocolate protein powder and im usually full until around noon when i usually have a sandwhich or salad then i have whatever the family is have for dinner just smaller portions.... and lots of fluids.... just because your losing weight and watching what you eat there is no reason you have to give up all the good foods too... i still eat oreos and all that too. just now i have four oreos instead of the whole package... and i dont do soda anymore, the carbonation actually upsets my stomach... i do alot of tea, gatorade and water
  • Jeni40
    Jeni40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Generally I rotate between these 2 options for breakfast:
    smoothie with 1/2 banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond milk
    Or
    steel cut oats, with 1 cup fresh blueberries

Morning snack is usually:
    pear with 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Or
    Apple with Almond butter
    Or
    Orange with Almonds

Lunch is:
    3 c. Spinach
    1 tomatoe or 1/2 c red pepper
    1 cup black beans (occasionally will sub with tuna or chicken)
    1/2 c mushrooms

Afternoon snack is:
    celery or carrots with 2 Tbs hummus

Supper is:
    Whatever funky meal we can whip up that is mainly protein and veggies

Do 1 hour of boot camp 2 days per week and run about 3 miles once per week

Down 23 pounds in 11 weeks so far and feeling good! :smile: :smile:
  • LosingFat4Gd
    Options
    I love breakfast!

I generally eat one of the following:

protein shake

porridge oats soaked overnight in a non fat yogurt heated in microwave for one minute then add lots of berries

1 slice wholemeal bread with scrambled eggs & mushrooms

wholemeal bagel with poached eggs & salmon slice (more of a weekend dish)

I find that yogurt & fruit do not fill me up enough for a meal on their own so I add them to wholmeal carbs or eat as snacks.
  • LisaGaimadi
    LisaGaimadi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't like a lot of typical breakfast foods, so I generally eat 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese and a slice or two of deli turkey, or crackers and cottage cheese, and a cup of sliced strawberries or grapes. For snacks throughout the day I love the Kashi bars and cereals.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was also going to suggest the muffin cups. it is a good way to get a decent breakfast with little prep on the day of.

My typical day is:

Breakfast: Hardboiled egg (that I make on Sunday's for the whole week) or scrambled eggs with cheese and ham.

snack- either wheat thins, yogurt, fiber one bar or pretzels with nutella

Lunch- either tuna (with hardboiled egg and mustard on rye bread) or leftover chicken from the night before with veggies.

Dinner- usually baked chicken of some sort and 2 veggies. We don't do carbs at dinner time, unless we have fruit.

snack: usually fruit
  • davekarie
    davekarie Posts: 19
    Options
    Breakfast at 7am is usually (well Im a coffee drinker - so coffee and) either a banana or a granola bar or instant oatmeal.
    Then at 10ish, since Ive been trying to get more cals in, Ive been having either a cereal bar or yogurt or sunflower seeds.
    Then (since you asked about the whole day) lunch at 1:30ish, Ive been poaching chicken breasts on the weekends, and cutting up and freezing in separate portions, so I microwave some chicken with either broccoli or mixed veg. And finally super at 6pm-ish, My go to is a couple egg whites, microwaved with some laughing cow cheese mixed in *thanks to someone on here for THAT idea* and wheat toast with natural peanut butter.

*sidenote - Im usually under my goals for the day, but Im working on it. ; )
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My diary is open feel free to look-- though please excuse all the easter candy lol that isnt usual
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Me, generally in the morning I have some cereal with a spliced banana mixed into there.

Then at 9am I have a light snack, usually a protein bar.

Then lunch time I have chicken salad, sometimes something else

Then at closer to 2 or 3pm I have another light snack.

Finally at dinner time I usually have microwavable vegetables, and some more chicken.. depending what I'm doing that day as far as exercise.

Then after I workout if it's a strength day I'll have a protein shake and perhaps another snack since I'm trying to gain some weight.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats most mornings. I like mine with either pumpkin or banana. You can make it in big batches and reheat it.
  • txvettegal
    txvettegal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I commute together to work 40 miles each way. He works from 6-4 and I work from 7-4. Needless to say 4AM comes very early and am definitely not in the mood for food at that hour. I have gotten used to preparing baked barley and steel cuts oats for both of us on Sunday afternoons to last us the whole work week and all we have to do is dump it in our lunches and warm it up when we get to work.

My baked oatmeal recipe is:
    1 cup steel cut oats
    1/2 cup pearled barley
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 3/4 cup water
    2 3/4 cup almond milk (I use the unsweetened vanilla flavor)
    2 Tbsp brown sugar (my husband likes more in his batch)

Bake at 360 degrees F for 50-55 minutes in a covered casserole dish. Options: add chopped nuts, dried fruits or flavored jams to mix it up, just remember to change the calories if you do. I have added this to the recipe data base as well to MFP.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the pretty much the same breakfast every morning. I am boring like that : ) I usually eat coffee with 1/2 cup almond milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, PB2 or chocolate peanut butter, a banana and 2-3 boiled egg whites (I don't like the yolk). It takes me about 5 minutes to grab all this in the morning (I boil the eggs on the weekend) and I generally eat in the car.

Lunches and dinners I like variation. Lunches are usually a sandwich, refried beans, leftovers or a pita pizza.

Dinner is whatever my family is having, and we eat a LOT of different things. We cook pretty healthy so I never make me anything separate.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oh and for snacks if I am hungry I usually do plain Greek yogurt with fruit, fruit, cheese, crackers, or a Lara Bar. These are my normal snacks.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is always cereal. Usually cheerios, 1/2 banana and almond milk.

Lunch is usually 1/2 english muffin with a hard boiled egg and piece of american cheese.

Dinner varies. Chicken very often. Sometimes i do eat pizza or something not so great but usually chicken coup or grilled chicken sandwiches.

Snacks are fiber 1 bar, special k chips, cheese stick.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    For about 100 out of the last 103 days I've had a dry-fried egg on a piece of GF toast (with 5g margarine) & a cup of tea.
    244 cals (due to the GF bread being 'healthy' but high cal)
    I'm not sick of it yet as I prefer to eat the same meals over & over. I realise others don't though which must make things a bit more difficult. I guess if I was like that I'd have a selection of maybe half a dozen breakfasts that I could choose from and ensure that I always have the ingredients for each of them in the house.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    When I'm training and have to be out within a half hour of waking up...Instant oatmeal, the longest thing in there is boiling the water which takes 2 minutes in the kettle! Otherwise a smoothie is good, I also occasionally drink a bottle of Ensure on my way to training if I really don't have time...Keeps me going until I can have breakfast or a snack and gives me sufficient protein and carbs to last me a while
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    bumping for later, needed ideas :-)
  • verbalriot
    Options
    Try plain Greek yogurt with some low-sugar cereal (like Kashi Good Friends) and a banana. The extra protein kick in the Greek yogurt should keep you full for a while.

You can also pick up whole grain waffles and pop those in the toaster. Top with peanut butter or almond butter and banana slices. Fast and filling!

For a quick and easy snack during the day make your own trail mix of almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, etc. This is easy to eat, even when you're busy, and packs a good nutritional value.

Low-fat cheese sticks and apple slices are also great.
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always like a whey protein shake with fat free milk and a handful of frozen fruit. Through it in the blender and it's ready in seconds. My most common breakfast though is a greek yogurt mixed with a high fiber cereal. It gives the yogurt crunch and filled with protein and fiber it will last me until lunch time.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    Breakfast, my favourite meal! At the moment I'm eating honey granola with almond milk and a protein shake made with almond milk and sometimes a banana. Weekends I might have eggs, but I like the poster who said they boil eggs for the week on a Sunday.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You could always prepare the night before or prepare and advanced and freeze/chill meals.

B: Natural yogurt with berries
    +
    Small handful of almonds

L: Hummus + Vegetables (Wholegrain Pitta as well if extra hungry)
    OR
    Ryvita Dark Rye + Toppings (Philadelphia spread/ham/topping of choice)

D: Stuffed Peppers with brown rice or quinoa (chilli, low fat cheese, philadelphia etc - options endless)
    OR
    Wholegrain Pasta bake (can be prepared in advance and cooked in microwave yum)