Fast Food Choices

Options
Even though I try not to eat fast food at all, sometimes it's just inevitable when I'm in a hurry. What are some healthi(er) drive-thru items you've found? Here's a list of my go-to's:

KFC- grilled chicken breast meal with mashed potatoes and green beans - 365 cal

Arbys- Med. roast beef (I only eat half the bun) - 345 cal

Taco Bell- fresco steak tacos - 150 cal (each)

Jimmy Johns- turkey tom (no mayo) - 332 cal

Dunkin Donuts- eggwhite turkey sausage flatbread - 280 cal

Qdoba/Chipotle- Burrito bowl with beef, pinto beans, pico, guacamole and lettuce (I split this into 2 portions) - 350 cal

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I get sick of eating the same things all the time! :smile:

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you're located, but...here are MY choices (I'm sorry I don't have the caloric value for each)

Chik-Fil-A. Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Tortilla Soup

Wendy's: Ultimate Chicken Grill

Krystal/White Castle: 2 regular Krystals and a small Chili

Subway: ANY of their under 300 calorie sandwiches

Hope this helps!
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My go-to fast food choice is Wendy's. Their chili is packed with protein and fiber (unfortunately, also sodium) and a large chili is only 310 calories. Especially nice on the colder days.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My go-to fast food choice is Wendy's. Their chili is packed with protein and fiber (unfortunately, also sodium) and a large chili is only 310 calories. Especially nice on the colder days.

I used to love their chiki, but haven't had any in a really long time. I may give it a shot sometime when I an wanting some chili.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think you're confusing "low calorie" with "healthy". Arsenic is low calorie as well.
  • Taka082576
    Options
    You can also get a salad at subway, get all the ingredients and cut the carbs. They are usually pretty quick, however they don't offer a drive thru.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump
  • emilyrenee1
    Options
    I didn't say "healthy". I think you're missing the point.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you're located, but...here are MY choices (I'm sorry I don't have the caloric value for each)

Chik-Fil-A. Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Tortilla Soup

Wendy's: Ultimate Chicken Grill

Krystal/White Castle: 2 regular Krystals and a small Chili

Subway: ANY of their under 300 calorie sandwiches

Hope this helps!

The Chik-Fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich (as is, nothing added) is only 290 calories. :smile:
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

You said "What are some healthi(er) drive-thru items you've found?"

What you clearly meant was "What are some lower calorie drive-thru items you've found?"
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (570 calories for a full size). It's quite filling and it has nuts, some fruit, and protein (from the chicken and the cheese).
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

What you clearly meant was "What are some lower calorie drive-thru items you've found?"

I think you're getting "healthy" confused with "nutritious". Fast food is not the best choice, sure, but if it's one of your only options, it's better to stay within your calorie budget (bettering your health) with these options.
  • emilyrenee1
    Options

I think you're getting "healthy" confused with "nutritious". Fast food is not the best choice, sure, but if it's one of your only options, it's better to stay within your calorie budget (bettering your health) with these options.

Yes thank you, that's all I meant. That's why I said healthi(er) implying I KNOW it's not "healthy". I love all these suggestions, thanks everyone!
  • emilyrenee1
    Options
    I like Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (570 calories for a full size). It's quite filling and it has nuts, some fruit, and protein (from the chicken and the cheese).

That sounds delicious!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't trust nutritional info provided by fast food joints.

PS - in High School, I worked at Wendy's. I would avoid the chili if I were you.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Panera! My favorite diet friendly restaurant. I generally get the pick 2 with half cobb salad and half french onion soup... total 460 calories... 610 if you eat the baguette that comes with it. Delish!