Skin Firming Lotion?

Options

Replies

• countrygirl_717
    Options
    I have concerns for loose skin too. Im especially concerned with my lower stomach. I would hate to lose all my weight and have skin just hanging there! I've been applying AVON Dramatic Firming Creme on the area as well as under my chin after showers. I've been massaging my stomach as well just to stimulate the area. I'm also making sure I drink my water. I try to workout everyday. But I'm not doing any heavy lifting. Mostly aerobics with some strengthing w light weights. And some dancing on the Wii. I hope this makes a difference. :)

PLEASE start lifting heavier weights! I promise you won't be disappointed in the fat loss that comes with heavier lifting!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that the creams don't work, and that this was down to genes and that the only way you can aid recovery is build muscle. Either way, I have started using weights, am drink loads of water and I am still using Palmers Cocoa Butter as I love the smell of it.
  • Amalthia79
    Options
    What weight do you mean by heavy? Starting at.....10lbs? More? I'm asking honestly. I am doing my cardio but I really like doing the sculpting/toning in the middle of it and if I could add some "heavy lifting" I think it would be even more fun for me. I want to work this layer of fat off and have some nice tone waiting to be seen, you know?
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Of course we all know that diet and exercise (cardio and strength training / calesthenics) are the way to tone up, but I actually do think skin firming lotions have helped me a little bit. I really like the Nivea skin firming lotion (the one with CQ10). That one seems to help the most. You can buy the store brand of it and that has the same ingredients for a better price. I've also tried the L'Oreal Sublime anti-cellulite skin firming gel. I use the skin firming lotions after I've worked out and showered, and at the very least, mosturized skin seems more resiliant to me. I think the key is to workout and eat well, and if you're going to use the lotion, make sure to consistently use it for a couple months. Whether or not they help doesnt really matter so much to me, b/c I put lotion on my arms and legs anyways, but now I've started putting it on my tummy and I swear it's firmer (although I'm sure it's mostly due to situps!). I do agree that any lotion helps to firm your skin, but I also figure why not give the skin-firming ones a try. :-) Good luck!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleigh1607
    Options
    Unfortunately the lotions don't work, it does come down to genetics, age and weight
  • ChiefWhitesWife
    ChiefWhitesWife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the information everyone is putting here. I too have a big fear of loose skin after losing all my weight. This has been very helpful. I too would like to know how heavy of weights we should be lifting to help.....
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought of using anti-wrinkle cream on their stomach? It removes wrinkles from the face from tightening it. Although, that would be aweful expensive.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For anyone wondering about heavy lifting, there's a great book out there. A 'man' version and a 'woman' version. The book I am reading now is called 'the new rules of lifting for women'. So far it's been really educational for me. I've been doing a lot of strength training, and decided to learn more about getting it right. It's been a great help for me.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I had used a skin firming lotion on my stomach for years, but I don't think it really worked. I do moisturize everything (legs, arms, stomach, butt, feet) every day, and I think that's the way to go. It keeps the skin moist and the massaging helps the blood flow. Right now I'm just using Vaseline Extra Strength lotion. I do use a specialized facial moisturizer.
  • itsalaina
    itsalaina Posts: 27
    Options
    BUMP
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of all the St. Ive's products too. My skin has never looked healthier!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that swears by preperation h, I haven't tried it for the same reason that you are going ewwe. but it is on my to do list just have to get brave enough.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay Visibly Fit body lotion. It is great stuff. NO, it isn't gonna tighten everything up, but it does help! I use it every day and have for a few years now and it is very good stuff.
  • singitella
    Options
    I second Amazing Grace by Philosophy. It's not cheap, but it smells like heaven and makes my arms and legs look better instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Philosophy-Grace-Firming-Emulsion-Ounces/dp/B001KYOCTK/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1334341705&sr=1-1
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I second Amazing Grace by Philosophy. It's not cheap, but it smells like heaven and makes my arms and legs look better instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Philosophy-Grace-Firming-Emulsion-Ounces/dp/B001KYOCTK/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1334341705&sr=1-1

Oh I forgot about that one! I have all the Graces and they are great lotions!
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have used them all but the BEST one is the NIVEA firming gel and the Nivea coq10 lotion which makes your legs silky soft and smooth. It got rid of all the dry bumps I had on my thighs also. I noticed it helps smooth down the cellulite used in conjunction with exercise and weight training. I would use it even if I had zero cellulite cause it's the best lotion!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!