PIZZA!?!?!??!

Options

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time. All. The. Time. I usually make my own from scratch during the week, all organic ingredients, and on the weekends, we order from Aponte's. Aponte's is a small independent, so I use Papa John's thin crust veggie from the diary because they are similar heft (not taste, though...Aponte's is da bomb...)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    That's it... Homemade pizza for supper! Thanks guys ;)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    We eat pizza about twice a week, I just no longer eat 4 pieces and no more extra cheese with sausage, pepperoni, onion..hubby still eats that, but for I like to coat a skillet with olive oil spray, put in a whole wheat/whole grain tortilla in the pan, put on about 3 Tsp of pizza sauce, a pinch of shredded parmasen cheese, topped with 1/4 cup of Kraft 2% mozzarella, 1/8 cup of shredded colby/jack and some garlic. Put the lid on over medium heat til the cheese bubbles. In fact I had this last night for around 275 calories - and this is with the bigger tortilla shell. That with a salad is a great low cal dinner! (with enough calories left over to enjoy a skinny cow ice cream treat for dessert!)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I used to love pepperoni until I started my healthy lifestyle. Now, it feels too heavy and I prefer a nice 'light' ham and mushroom.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had the most awesome "Asian chicken" pizza. The sauce was Thai peanut sauce.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i baked a weight watchers whole wheat wrap with 3 tbs of sauce and 1/4 c low fat mozzarella cheese the other night, then folded it in half like a calzone... it was awesome.
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    I haven't had pizza in a while, but when I do eat it I make sure there are loads of veggies. The more veggies, the less room for cheese there is. Veggies fill you up and have less calories!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I make pizzas using Western Bagel Alternative Pitas 110 calories for the pita, tortillas work, flat breads. Personal Pan pizza hut gives you portion control and isn't too bad. Husband and I share subway pizzas.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat it for so long that it really doesn't even taste all that good anymore. Honestly...I'm kinda happy about that because it was a trigger food for me!!

EDIT...oh, to answer your question though...I always liked the basic cheese & pepperoini, sometimes with yellow peppers. I also LOVED bbq chicken pizza (chicken, red onion, bbq sauce and cilantro).
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I make a couple of "flavors" of vegetarian pizza that are simply amazing. And really easy to make, too. So that is what we prefer. Most pizza-place pizzas either make me feel sluggish and bloated or at least give me insane heartburn. Bad mojo (jo-jo)...

The-Powerpuff-Girls-Mojo-Jojo-Portables-0810956950-L.jpg
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Before I started my weight loss I'd have pizza at least once a week, and sometimes up to three. Trouble was I'd order extra large with a side and bottle of coke and have the lot.

I haven't had one since before Xmas, but I'm going to treat myself once I get below 280lbs. To us Brits that's twenty stone, and for me it's the first of three major targets.

About twenty-two pounds to go, and I know I won't be able to eat a whole one, but I'll order it anyway and have cold pizza for breakfast. Can't wait. :tongue:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. I love McCain Extra Thin in Roasted Veg and Goat Cheese. It's delicious and like, 140 cals for 1/4 of the whole pizza!

Otherwise, if I'm going all out and ordering a pizza...double cheese, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes. DELISH.

And yes I still eat that too.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm making a frozen 5-cheese pizza tonight and debating between eating a quarter of it with a strawberry milkshake or just eating half of it and calling it a night. It's a hard life.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I eat DiGiorno more than any other pizza, because it's cheap and easy. Their buffalo style chicken is pretty darn good. Wegmans store brand rising crust Chicken Parmesan is yummy too.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My favorite is pepperoni and mushroom from Homeslice. If you live near or are ever in Austin it's worth the wait, calories, water retention, etc....
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza. I love pizza. Pineapple and bacon is my favorite. I usually make it at home with italian and parmesan cheeses and pizza spices. Otherwise, if I order out I'll get a thin crust. I love thin crust!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have a slice and a half for lunch today. Spinach, chicken and alfredo pizza. Yum! It was store bought though. Still tasted great to me.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I have a slice and a half for lunch today. Spinach, chicken and alfredo pizza. Yum! It was store bought though. Still tasted great to me.
    This sounds good I might make it homemade though. and use swiss or mozzarella cheese
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Eat it every week. Favorite is pineapple and ham. I typically stay away from the meat topping.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have a pizza like every week. Hands down, my fav food, won't ever give it up. :embarassed: