Looking for inspiration - anyone else here about 150 lbs...

Options

Replies

• hw1219
    hw1219 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)

I'm starting up a women's weight loss challenge. It starts April 14 and ends July 21. The reason why it doesn't start earlier is because I'm already participating in one run by someone else that ends April 7.

Every participant will contribute a $10 gift card before the challenge begins. Weigh-ins will be every Saturday and it will be based on percentage so it's fair to everyone. Each week there will be a weekly winner who will receive one of the $10 gift cards. At the end of the challenge there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall winner who will split the remaining gift cards (with 1st place getting the majority, etc.)

There are 22 participants so far. If you're interested in participating just leave a comment or send me a message if you have any questions!

Thanks!
    Hilary
  • tanis1190
    tanis1190 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. When I started I weighted 150. Now I'm down to 140. Add me if you like :)
    I want to get to 130/120

Tania
  • friigirl
    friigirl Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm very interested in the Challenge! Please tell me where to send the gift card. Thanks, Lori
  • italianbella03
    Options
    I am 150lbs at 4'11". I want to lose 25lbs. Add me if you want :).
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    So much inspiration here! :-)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am 156 and my UGW is to 130. I started out at 205 after having baby #2 and still have more to lose of course.
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I stand about 5'2" ...Im currently 150lbs down 12 lbs from 162....My goal at this point is to make it down to 130-I just joined this program so i could continue to find fun and productive ways to the shed the next 20 lbs!
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Candace, and I was 150 last week but now I am down to 146-147 now. It has always been hard for me to get started when trying to lose weight, I used to hate working out but it is just one of those things that I know I gotta do if I want to lose weight. Then when I started to lose weight it was exciting to see the scale go down, thats my motivation now is I just want to see the number go down from the last time i stepped on. It's amazing to know that even though I sometimes despise doing whatever workout I chose to do that day, its going to make a difference and get me to my goal. Im hoping to lose at least another 15-20 lbs. nice to meet ya
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I am 5'1. The things I have been doing lately is really a mixture of Wii Zumba, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD's, walking with strength bands as well to help firm my arms. this past week I have started to go running in the evening around my block. I can't stick to one thing, I get bored really easy doing the same thing everyday. After this weekend I will begin a round of Turbo fire since I ahven't done that in a long time. As far as food goes, in february when i really focused on my weight I started out with weight watchers which I love, it works if you are consistant with it, but then 2 weeks ago because i absolutly had to get down to at least 146 by this weekend (im in the navy reserve and I have my physical test this weekend and I was past my maximum weight I could weigh in the Navy so I had to lose weight) I started atkins and while it sucked the first couple days I must say it has made me realize how little vegetables I was eating before and how much sugar I was consuming, but now that am am at my first goal weight I can slow down again and will probably go back to weight watchers, but haven't really decided yet.
  • chutchins10
    Options
    HI ya im new too and have no friends on here yet. add me if you like. I'm 141 and looking to get to 125!
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Me!

I started at 150 and am to 142! :)
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Currently I am 163 and looking to lose 20 lbs or 3 sizes which ever is first. I was originally 205.
  • MGiardini71884
    MGiardini71884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started at 161 got down to 147 and now am back up to 155. looking to get down to at least 135. I'm 5'7". I could use some more motivation!!!!!
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! - I am new on here too. I always need imspiration. I am 5'7. I started out at 167, sitting between 155-158. GW in the 130s or at least a few pant size smaller and toned : ) Feel free to add me! Always looking for friends.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started at 161 got down to 147 and now am back up to 155. looking to get down to at least 135. I'm 5'7". I could use some more motivation!!!!!

I feel your pain!
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and currently at 152. My goal weight is 130. I've lost around 25 pounds (16 since joining MFP). Feel free to add me!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i'm 180 and want to be 150.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 138 pounds, but I'm aiming to reach either 130 or 125.
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm sooo excited-since i posted to this board last i've lost three more poiunds! Just out of curiosity i tried on an old pair of my jeans which i couldn't even get up over by tush at the beginning of this journey and now they button and fit comfortably! Definately motivation for me to keep going. 130 is getting closer by the day!!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    stuck at 160... but heck yes add me I would like to lose 30.,,,give or take depending on muscles..