Shocking Truth...I had NO idea

Options
2 years after tragedy hit my life and my family, I have finally figured out why I gained weight so quickly. I found this out after tracking my food intake these past 3-4 weeks.

I found out that my intake of calories for the past 2 years was extremely high...not from food, but from the consumption of Mountain Dews, Hi-C Fruit Punch, Milk, OJ, BEER (I do love beer). I ate the same things I still eat today, although I'm not as hungry now as compared to then. These days, I only drink water, that's it. My appetite has diminished and my portions are just a wee bit smaller but not by much.

All-in-all, I have eliminated almost 1,000 sugar-filled calories a day from my diet from the consumption of certain liquids. Amazing how that little change in my life and done so much. Now...I just need to eat more calories, because apparently what I'm doing is not good.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many calories you can drink when you don't pay attention! Good for you for switching to water! You may need to eat more fats in your diet to make up some more calories if you need them. Nuts, olives (and olive oil) and avocados are just a few!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Ditto for me. I watch what I eat and go to the gym but cutting out the Pepsi I think has made the biggest difference. I used to drink 4-5 cans a day and just keep putting on pound after pound.

I stopped drinking the Pepsi and then the pounds are slowly melting away. Seems obvious now that I look back on it.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I totally get that. It's AMAZING how many empty calories are out there - and so easy to consume - every day. Good on you for taking control and changing it up!
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are not alone. I eat more than I have ever eaten, but take in a lot less calories. You just really don't know how much it adds up until you track it. Every time you pick up the drink, you may glance at a nutrition label and think to yourself 'its only 110 calories'. However, you never take into account you are drinking 4-5 of them a day if not more. If you are at a restaurant, you don't count your refills. You also don't realize how bad they are actually making you feel by the end of the day. Colas have been my one true addiction. It feels great to finally beat it.
  • cbcw1964
    cbcw1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    good job! I pretty much gave up coffee....only because I loved it loaded with sugar and creamer....i gave up pop a long time ago....but once you eliminate some of the excess sugars your cravings diminish and so do your bad eatting habits...happy for you...keep it up!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave up pop......but NO WAY am I giving up beer!

gotta have SOME priorities in life

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • choxalicious
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a beer and wine fan too. It's hard to cut those tasty beverages out of my diet
  • Laceybaby1967
    Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You never know until you see it in 'black and white'...but I agree; I'd keep the beer, at least a 'little'... :wink: