Best Cheat Day ever!

Options

Replies

• acontos13
    acontos13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well since I am seeking to build muscle and am very small, I do my cheat days BIG. My biggest one ever was I ate all my healthy food up till dessert after dinner... then I had a dessert called Chocolate Perversion which was this huge brownie, covered in chocolate mousse, covered in chocolate ice cream, covered in whipped cream. It was about a foot tall! Then I went to the movies and had a box of Resses pieces (3 servings) a box of gummy worms (3 servings) and a box of Milk Duds (3.5 servings)... then I got home and had some gluten free cookies.. then passed out! Lol. And I didnt even gain a pound!!!!

Easter I ate candy all day and then had a pint of ice cream with more candy at night.

And tomorrow I plan on having a whole box of mac n cheese for dinner, endless chocolate and candy during a movie with a friend, and then a pint of cookie dough ice cream with some more candy and whipped cream before bed.

:)

When I do it weekly, I do it big. And the metabolic benefits are huge... I know the science... I'm a personal trainer. And cheat days are a heaven sent gift from above for those of us who eat perfectly and train hard 6 days per week.

I've been thinking about a cheat day once I get under 200lbs but I'm doing pretty well with eating right and exercising since I committed to it a little over a month ago... 11lbs lost so far. I havent had a cheat day yet. I try to balance out what I eat through the day so I'm not really depriving myself of too much. However, there are some things I would LOVE to indulge in. In your opinion, can you go too big on your cheat day? :) and is it actually helpful to the metabolism to have a cheat day every now and then and if so how often?
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm saving my cheat day for an olive garden lunch lol. I think I had McDonald's once in my 25 days and I had a half a mcdouble and half a grilled ranch wrap and then their new chicken bites, half a snack sized one and then I felt sick, like I was going to throw up :(
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    1/2 gallon of Lockmead peach ice cream. Yum!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am having my first cheat/spike day tomorrow. I know it will be my best one, lol! Chipotle steak burrito with extra cheese, a whole bag of their yummy chips and salsa, mmmm! That is like 1200 calories right there in one meal, lol!
  • jogar54
    jogar54 Posts: 4
    Options
    Most all of a carton of Drumstick ice cream.
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did it in pretty good on Easter. Breakfast was at a buffet... I had a biscuit covered in gravy, an individual quiche, some bacon and some sausage, a dinner roll, icecream sundae with hot fudge and hot caramel, and a chocolate dipped strawberry. Lunch was a hot brownie sundae at Chili's, and then I had dinner at my grandma's house, ham, bread, corn and beans, etc.... AND THAT IS WHY I'M ON MFP!!!!! Also, I'd like to say that having a ridiculous day like that made me feel AWFUL the next day and I was so so ready to get back to my low calorie eating. Oh yeah, and I wound up getting a stomach virus Monday-Tuesday and couldn't eat almost anything on Monday.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    What was your best cheat meal you have ever done?

The best cheat meal i have ever done was 2 months ago (probably the worst one to this day) was I once ate a whole Large Hawaiian Style Pizza, 2 Bluemoon Beers, and 3 large chocolate chip cookies. It felt great at the time, but not so much a few hours later.

Sounds amazing! :-)

If I do cheat days/meals, it's usually something like McDonald's. I know McDonald's is extremely disgusting to a lot of people, but for some reason I think it's soooo good.

That's because McDonalds food is composed mostly of crack. We all know crack is addicting!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday is cheat day but I think the best so far was Red Lobster's Lobsterfest..................pure heaven and worth every exercise calorie I accumulated all week :love:
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    Beef Fajitas with Tortillas, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Refried Beans and Spanish Rice. I felt like I was ready to go into a carb coma afterward, but it was sooooooo good.

Oh man that sounds sooo good. On my last cheat day I had two beef puffy tacos, chili con carne enchiladas, borracho beans, spanish rice and about 30 chips with salsa. SOOO worth it lol.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. Every so often I reward myself w/ food I don't normally eat. But it's random and not often.

Last was 1/3 of a carton of ice cream, 4 miller lights and 5 pieces of pizza. was glorious.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Half a med. stuffed crust canadian pizza from pizza hut! And like 3 glasses of coke. I really miss drinking pop regularly haha
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When I ate an entire jar of nutella! :)

Nutella is also composed of crack.. go figure!!

I personally can eat a whole jar of Jif Natural Peanut Butter in a day.. I guess that makes me a crackhead :drinker:
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me and my friend went through a large pizza and breadstick than split a pan of brownies and with that pretty much a half gallon of milk
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    hmmm..whenever i go to all you can eat sushi it's seriously a free for all!! lol. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi! 1000+ calories in 1 sitting. 3 bowls of edamame, miso soup, 30+ pieces of sashimi, kani salad. love it!

I've eaten a whole 1.5 quarts of ice cream in 1 morning. i was seriously sick that day.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago. Applebee's. Chili Cheese Nachos (without carne!), Veggie Patch Pizza [I had like 2 or 3 slices], Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae [OMG, 1540 calories but so worth it] anddd a White Peach Sangria - I drank the whole thing by myself lol
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Me and my friend went through a large pizza and breadstick than split a pan of brownies and with that pretty much a half gallon of milk

That's me and my bros pretty much every weekend XD
  • I've never had a cheat day, nor do I ever plan on having one. I have become so in love with healthy good, and being fit I just don't crave those 'bad' foods anymore. Maybe it's just me. :(
    Options
    Two weeks ago. Applebee's. Chili Cheese Nachos (without carne!), Veggie Patch Pizza [I had like 2 or 3 slices], Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae [OMG, 1540 calories but so worth it] anddd a White Peach Sangria - I drank the whole thing by myself lol

holy *kitten*...that's like what 3500 in a meal or did you do that throughout the day?
  • By good I mean food. Sorry!
    Options
    I've never had a cheat day, nor do I ever plan on having one. I have become so in love with healthy good, and being fit I just don't crave those 'bad' foods anymore. Maybe it's just me. :(

well this thread doesn't apply to you. i don't think being fit and being in love with "healthy food" means that you never again eat indulgent things.