5"6 maintenance ladies. What size?

Options

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and I am a size 2 :)
  • Laceybaby1967
    Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and at 160... I am currently wearing a size 8, the smallest size ever, I carry my weight in my hips so size 2 is not a goal of mine, it's all about what is right for your body :flowerforyou:

^^^This.... I'm at a 12, which is small for me; my doctor doesn't want me below 170, believe it or not (eh, we'll see when I get there)... but I agree..it's what is best for you!!!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am 5'6 in maintenance. I wear a woman's size 2 or a JR. size 3.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was 5'6" and 130 for about a decade. I have wide hips, however and never got below an 8. I wear a 12 in jackets, as I'm fairly broad backed too!

I'm now at 136ish and still wearing 8s. At my highest (about 12 years ago) I was 156 and a 12.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    WTH, I am 5'6 129 lbs and am wearing a size 8, probably should drop down to a 6 for them to fit right. American Eagle jeans. How all you ladies are the same size as me and in 2's and 4's is causing me great envy! Maybe having 2 children have caused my hips to become wider?
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6' 138lbs and wear a size 6!
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6" 140 and wear a 10. I skipped straight from child sizes to juniors 7. I have NEVER wore below an 8. (all jean sizes, mainly Levis). Maybe I wear the wrong size, but I dont like to have to paint my jeans on. Tops look big in medium, but thats the most comfortable to me. I can technically fit into a small. And I have a relatively small frame.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WTH, I am 5'6 129 lbs and am wearing a size 8, probably should drop down to a 6 for them to fit right. American Eagle jeans. How all you ladies are the same size as me and in 2's and 4's is causing me great envy! Maybe having 2 children have caused my hips to become wider?

I feel the same way! I wear 10s! (5'6 140lbs). but no kids. I think I have always wore the wrong size lol.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    5'6", 130 and size 4. It depends on the brand though, some 4s are too big.

Ditto^^^^ I'm a small or XS in skirts and dresses.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

I have two kids, and wear a 2, but I think you look great. It doesnt matter what size you wear. Only how you look and feel. I wish I had more curves.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    everyone is so different!
    I'm 5'7 and 133 right now
    I wear size 6....tops usually S or M

adding in Jr in khols etc wear a 5 bottom and large top
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options

I feel the same way! I wear 10s! (5'6 140lbs). but no kids. I think I have always wore the wrong size lol.

I think we are very similar. I wore size 10's @ 144
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options

I have two kids, and wear a 2, but I think you look great. It doesnt matter what size you wear. Only how you look and feel. I wish I had more curves.

Thank you :) I guess we always want what we dont have.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    im working toward 140 size 7 juniors (short). i felt comfortable at that weight.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 138 lbs. I'm a comfy 8 but JUST fit into a size 6 of a certain brand. Not most brands. The idea of ever being a 6 is shocking to me. I've been a 12 or 14 most of my life.
  • TabithaRose87
    TabithaRose87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It definately depends on more than your height. I had a free personal fitness evaluation, and was told that my organs and muscle alone weight 142, and I need at least 20 lbs of fat to survive...so I can imagine I should be about 162 and will probably look thin..IF I tone my stomach as well, cause after having babies most of my fat is in my stomach and it makes my current pant size about 2 sizes bigger than my bottom half actually is...It sucks and because of it I don't feel good in anything I wear..sigh...anyway...Please don't automatically aim for a small size cause you don't know how your body will look at that size. Maybe try aiming for one lower pants size at a time? That's my goal at the moment so I don't drive myself crazy...Good Luck!!!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I was 5'6", but I've shrunk to 5'5". I'm maintaining between 130 and 133 and most pants I buy now are size 6. I wear size 4 in some brands, and I have one pair of size 7 from WalMart that fit nicely. Sizes vary, so you'll have to try them on. In my transition to my current weight, I bought most of my "temporary" clothing at thrift stores. I didn't wear them long enough to merit paying higher prices. Have fun reaching your goal, then enjoy shopping!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It depends on the brand but also depends on your build. I'm 5'6 and when I was around 155 I was a size 10/12. At 145(I looked too skinny because I am very large frame) I was a size 9. My body has changed since then plus i've had a baby so right now my goal is to get to 165/170 and see how I feel. I want to get into a comfy 12. I'm flat stomached and can wear a bikini at that size!
    our body type sounds similiar. Im just shy of 5'7 and am at 170lbs. Im in a 10 but they are getting loose.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I weigh 149 and fit in size 6 American Eagle jeans/shorts . . . unless they are the Bermuda shorts . . . because I have thighs and a butt! LOL
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey! 5'6'' 123 lb and size 5. Hope this helps :)