Out with old, In with the new.....add me to help me through!

Options
Hello :)

I joined MFP this past Monday and so far have made a lot of friends and recieved a tremendous amount of support/motivation. i am truly thankful for the people that have added me thus far, you guys are fantastic!!

I currently weigh 164.6....have lost 3 pounds since Monday! I have put myself on a 1200 calorie a day diet and started to exercise....I have tried to diet many times without much success. I would lose about 15 pounds and then my body would just stop so i would just "give up".

I have a great family at home, although they are not on this journey with me and continue to eat unhealthy and not excercise....I want to show them and others the importance of eating right and being good to your body.....my ultimate goal is to lose 30-35 pounds by the end of the year!!

All I really need and want is some support from others that are taking this journey as well!! I am a great supporter/motivator myself and will do everything i can to help you through your journey if you can help me through mine :)

Replies

• MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    I just started this week as well. I'm trying to loose 80lbs....I'm in for the long haul!! Looking to build a good group of friends to support, encourage & motivate each other!! Read my bio & add me if you want!! We can always use more supporters!!

Great job on the 3lbs down!!

Cynde
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!! I'd love to swap motivation with anyone!! The more the merrier.....it's a bit easier when you have some friends on your side!
  • redvamp22
    redvamp22 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations! I weigh between 235 and 245 (long story check out my intro) and myfitnesspal has placed me on 1200 calories. Something doesn't sound right. When I began on Tuesday the calories was 1250 and then it magically changed to 1200. It does not sound like it is enough. Thoughts?
  • ewjl1981
    ewjl1981 Posts: 21
    Options
    I agree! It doesn't "seem" like a lot although if you are working out you can add those calories back into your daily amount.....the first week is always the hardest. You just really have to watch what you eat and count your calories....you can do this!
  • ABarlow150
    Options
    I am looking to lose about 70 pounds and it is so hard. I started Monday and starting nursing school Monday too!!!! Where can we find that magic motivation!?!
  • redvamp22
    redvamp22 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I am working out so I guess that is the reason for the calories to be so low. When filling out my profile I put exercise at 6 days a week for about 40 mins each so I suppose that could be the reason why?
  • ladyiris1980
    Options
    hello,

I'm super excieted to start this new chapter in my life.. i want to wear a nice dress by July my birthday:) sooo im super motivated
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Add me....I would really like to build up some support and make some new friends in the end!!! :smile:
  • Swopkin
    Swopkin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Could use an extra friend to keep me motivated.
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Looking for some new friends and people to chat with......Add me if you so wish. It makes me sad when I log in and see I have NO friends! :laugh: