Are YOU a musician? Come join this thread! :D

Options
I want to see how many people on this site are musicians! Like those of you who play instruments, sing or anything of the sort. Even dancers are musicians of sorts in my opinion :)

I personally play the piano, guitar, ukelele, I had a go at the trumpet once (I'm horrible), and I REALLY want to learn the drums. Oh, I also sing.

How about you? :)

Replies

• avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Guitar, mandolin, bass, sing.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I am a guitarist. I was privately trained in guitar for ~6 years and typically play classical and jazz.

I am a horrible singer, and don't know another instrument well-enough to consider myself knowing how to play it.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Trumpet for 10+ years. and guitar and bass for almost 6, was briefly in a band. attempting the piano but it's tough haha.
  • eileenguest
    Options
    I play guitar and sing. I picked up the fiddle a few years ago, then lost interest. I'm thinking about getting a banjo. I'vfe kinda gotten into bluegrass music.
  • poppinjaye
    poppinjaye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I mostly sing, but also play a little tin whistle, glockenspiel, and assorted rhythm thingys. Trying to learn harmonium.
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Guitar and fool around with the mandolin.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I sing, do bit on the 6 string and drums.
    Mostly sing though
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    I play the drums
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    singer/songwriter/flutist here

I wanna be Ian Anderson when I grow up

currently between bands again, though:sad:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Tenor to soprano singer, play guitar, flute, piano, djembe, and clarinet, have classically trained on violin as well but don't play anymore.
    I actually record under my user name... it's more or less my brand ;) demos are here:
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Quasita_(B__Lynn_Glazeski)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Guitar and sing.

I can periphreally play a lot of instuments, like drums, piano, bass, harmonica, whatever. I even took violin lessons, at one point. Took music theory in college. So, I feel like an all around musician. But, guitar is my thang.
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pianist (20 years), clarinetist, some guitar and bass, and I sing (jazz, classical, and currently sing in a rock band).
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I want to see how many people on this site are musicians! Like those of you who play instruments, sing or anything of the sort. Even dancers are musicians of sorts in my opinion :)

I personally play the piano, guitar, ukelele, I had a go at the trumpet once (I'm horrible), and I REALLY want to learn the drums. Oh, I also sing.

How about you? :)

We are music twins!! I started with piano when I was 4, played trumpet in band for a few years, and am now teaching myself guitar and ukelele...and I've ALWAYS wanted to play drums. My main "instrument" nowadays though is my voice. I mostly just try to learn guitar etc, so I have something to play the songs I write on haha.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    guitar, piano, teaching myself the ukulele now and i can hold a basic drum beat. lol.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My dad and my two brothers are musicians (piano, guitar, drums, other stuff too). I am not but I can play the piano (not as good as my dad and brothers though lol) and one day I would like to learn guitar

I adore musicians :flowerforyou:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I play a mean uke. :laugh: I can also play a bit on the fiddle. (Yes fiddle... I'm from Texas... violin is just too fancy.) :wink: I can also help out with the bass when my husband is recording. And I've had 6-years of vocal lessons. I don't sing in public, but my kids love it.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    <--- this chick.

I sing and write. I play the piano, guitar, ukelele & cuatro. (All self taught)
  • RacheyBaby1985
    RacheyBaby1985 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I play mostly the oboe. But I can also play bassoon, saxophone, drums, piano, clarinet, tenor horn and trumpet. I also write my own music. Definitely should have done something with it as I love my music :-)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What, no French Hornists??? French Horn player in da house!!! :bigsmile: Played it through elementary, junior high, highschool and college. Went to many All-State concerts and played a few competitions, one in Disney World! I also sing pretty good alto (been in a couple choirs). I've dabbled in piano, trumpet, flute, recorder, mellophone and baritone. I love all kinds of music but classical is my favorite. Glad to see so many musicians here! :drinker:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Percussionist and drummer here since 4th grade. :) I also self-taught baritone when we needed low brass in the band, love to sing, and play a mean recorder. :tongue: