Jacksonville, FLorida Work-Out buddy...

Options
Hello Everyone,
I am 23 years old and am from the Jacksonville Florida Southside Are and looking for a workout buddy. I recently gave birth to a beautiful 8lb 3oz little girl and she will be 3 months old on June 25th. Before I got pregnant I was 175lbs and at 40 weeks pregnant I weighed 231 lbs!!! Since I gave birth on March 25th 2011 I have lost a total of 48lbs, and it is not just from the pregnancy I have been dieting and exercising regularly since 4 weeks pp from a C-section. I am looking to meet my goal weight of 150lbs by September 25th when my daughter will be 6 months old. Right now I am 183.4 lbs and I plan on losing 10 lbs at least a month. So by that July I should be 172lbs, August 162lbs, September 152lbs.

I believe my goals are achievable and last month I lost 11lbs April 6th: 198lbs - June 7th: 187lbs. :bigsmile:

I am dieting as well as doing the treadmill 4 times a week following a modified version of the C25k on a treadmill.

I am looking for a workout partner or someone in my area to help keep me motivated and I will do the same, possibly workout with as well. Is anyone in my area interested?

-Amber Harrison :smile:

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you're about 4.5 hours too east. :-/
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    True! lol But we can still be online support for each other if you'd like.
  • Harrar10
    Options
    I guess no one in the Jax area?
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey Amber, if you're still looking for a local workout buddy, you might check out WannaBuddy.com. That site uses your zip code to connect you with other people in your area who are looking for the same thing, like exercise. Might find someone nearby, and even make a new friend.

Good luck!
  • Harrar10
    Options
    I tried that website but cannot figure out how to search for people in my area. Do you know how?
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the Jacksonville area...my daughter and I are both on MFP. We are members at the YMCA and go to the Brooks branch or the Yates branch down on Riverside. We also try to get out and run...we like the Riverwalk and the bridges...

If nothing else, we can definetely all be support for each other...she is closer to your age than I am!

Good luck...you have done an awesome job already!
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm the daughter of JagFan. u can add me if you'd like! :)
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm the daughter of JagFan. u can add me if you'd like! :)

Yeah...what she says!
  • Harrar10
    Options
    awesome thanks girls!!!
  • luvnevrfails
    luvnevrfails Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I so need a exercise buddy...
  • rxygrl430
    Options
    Need a exercise buddy for the Bartram park area. Over by 95 and Old St Augustine Road...