slimfast

Is anyone using slimfast shakes as meal supplements and had any success? Is this method recommended? How can I use this to get the best results. I'm getting married in three months and want to lose 10 lbs.

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    I used to drink these, but I was hungry soon after consuming them and I would get shaky and cranky from low blood sugar. I think the recommended method is a shake for breakfast and lunch with a small snack between these meals and a normal, reasonable dinner.

I would stick with real foods. If you are looking for breakfast options (i think a lot of people drink these for breakfast), do green smoothies, egg casseroles, or leftovers from dinner that you wouldn't necessarily consider breakfast foods. Eating clean and counting calories will get you the results you want in your timeline.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    I don't rely o them as meal replacements. I use them as emergency lunches or on days when I want to splurge and still keep my cals in check

To me the that slimfast 3-2-1 plan is ridiculous. 300 cals in nourishing snacks, 200 cals in shakes or meal bars and then only a 500 claorie meal????? You have got to be F****ing kidding me. That's only 1,000 calories!!!!!!

JMHO
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Waaaaay too much sugar and not enough protein. These are loaded with crap, and you'll be starving all the time. Make your own protein shakes with high quality protein powder and soy or almond (or skim) milk. Add fruit--voila. And follow a sensible diet. 3 months is enough time to lose weight the right way without going on a crash diet.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    My stomach has never been able to accept that as a meal replacement. It's not even a good milkshake replacement.
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    i was debating going back on the slimfast but read some posts on here that they contain transfats, sssooo unhealthy. i do love the snacks though, cheddar bites 95 cals i pack, yum yum yum!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I don't know why you'd want to drink a bunch of overpriced, ultra-sweet liquid instead of eat.

You can have a huge egg-white and veggie omelet (among many other YUMMY, FULLING FOODS) for HALF as many calories as are in a can of Slimfast! :)

EDITED TO ADD "overpriced". lol It's true.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    I did slimfast in my teens and gained 35 lbs.. run far far far away.. if you want meal replacement shakes choose a powder high in protein and low in carbs and sugar- Jay Robb powders are pretty good ..they come in whey and egg white protein
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    I like slimfast! I still drink it for brkfst if I'm running low on time or having a chocolate craving. Yes there are better for you products out there but IMHO they taste like *kitten*. And I've tried a lot of them. If you only want to lose 10 lbs and want a simple quick fix that is reasonably priced, I say slimfast all the way. They have a website and you aren't required to purchase their snacks. I like the powder mix the best and it comes to around $.50 a meal mixed with milk. I say go for it. :)

Oh and just about anything processed or packaged that has fat in it has trans fat in it even if it says NO TRANS FAT. The FDA only requires companies to add it if it is, I think, over .5 grams per serving. So if a pkg of cookies/chips could have 14 servings it may end actually having up to 7 grams of trans fat.
  • jennikawilliams28
    jennikawilliams28 Posts: 16 Member
    I used to drink those for breakfast when I was running low on time. They taste great! The only concern I had was the sugar content. It used my entire daily limit for sugar. I would be hungry after a few hours, but I usually have a small snack in between meals. As long as you are staying active though, I don't see how you can't lose those few pounds in three months. Good luck! :)
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Personally, I wouldn't use them. They are okay for a quick fix but once you stop using them, the weight will just go back on, and you can't use them forever. To be honest, I can't see how they can do your body any good. I would go for the healthy food choices and exercise at least three times a week. I lost 42lbs last year in three months by doing this. You will lose the weight in no time and you will feel much better for doing it the 'right' way! Good luck!! :)
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    none of those diet shakes imo are good for you you have 3 months to lose 10lb it's more than possible to do this by eating a normal balanced healthy diet xx
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    I have used them in the past and lost some weight, but both times I put the weight straight back on once I stopped them. I agree with the comments above - I think it's over priced and you can have much healthier food for the calories.

Good luck with the wedding! :flowerforyou: