Let's talk about...Plain Greek Yogurt!

Options
What do you create using plain greek yogurt? What do you use for mix-ins?

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    first, I start with full fat because it tastes so much better. then I add cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut flakes, raspberries, and raw honey.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    (I haven't tried it - but have wanted to)
    Heard it's a good sour cream replacement - say for baked potatoes. With some chives or such with it maybe?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I like a mashed banana (I have a banana tree --they're quite small about 4 inches), and a teaspoon of honey mixed into 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.

Also, PB2 is yum!

1/2 Tbsp. of all-fruit spread, I could go on and on . . . .
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and honey. Sooooooo good. :drinker:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I use it with berries & banana in my smoothies. Makes them very thick and creamy. Also in mashed sweet potatoes with chives. Om nom nom.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Heard it's a good sour cream replacement - say for baked potatoes. With some chives or such with it maybe?

I recently just tried greek yogurt, and that is exactly what it reminded me of, sour cream! I definitely don't like it plain! Someone told me about adding the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packet mix to it for dip or as a sandwhich spread.....it is SO good!!! That is what I've been putting on my turkey sandwiches lately and it makes for a great dip with carrots!! :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like it with fresh fruit - strawberries In June, blues in July and peaches in August are the best :). Usually with just a drizzle of agave and a sprinkle of high-fiber cereal.

I also use in place of sour cream for anything - chili, tacos, baked potato, spinach dip.

I also throw it in fruit smoothies.
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt for breakfast! My favorite mix-ins are usually walnuts, either raspberries, blackberries, or dried cranberries, and honey. I've been adding some flax seed lately too. All the mix-ins make it so I use less honey than I used to. Not that it's "that" bad, but the calories add up quick.

People use it for all kinds of things though.... from smoothies to a replacement for sour cream.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options

did u say....chive?
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    1/2 c. Oikos plain nonfat + 1 packet Truvia+ 1 packet True Lemon = MY FAVORITE TREAT

or I'll mix it with a 1 packet of Truvia, a drizzle of honey and some cinnamon= MY FAVORITE FAST BREAKFAST

I also mix it with imitation vanilla flavoring
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I love Fage 0% Nonfat Greek Yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries, ¼ cup of Special K Honey Granola and a pinch of ginger. Sometimes I might add 1 tsp of imported honey .... yummy !

I also LOVE ... Voskos Blueberry Nonfat Greek Yogurt ... but the sugar was just too high ! :noway:
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't even like yogurt at all but I'm obsessed with my little way to make it yummy. I get the 4 packs of
    okios honey on the bottom greek yogurt. I cut up a few strawberries and put a tablespoon of flax seeds in it. Then a table spoon of coco & pb oatmeal raisin swirl all natural peanut butter(that stuff is awesome!) and mix it all together. SOOOO GOOD! TRY IT!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and honey. Sooooooo good. :drinker:

I do this too, but with blueberries because they're cheaper :laugh: Also sometimes a bit of granola or some chopped almonds for crunch.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've also heard of people putting crystal lite (I think is the name) in theirs to flavor it. I haven't tried that though.
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    Tonight I took a cup of nonfat, added half a pack of dry ranch dip and ate it with raw veggies. So good!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder. Cheesecake and banana creme are awesome. Or for a savory option, mix with hidden valley ranch dip powder for a veggie dip.
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My BF and I have quit buying sour cream to use Plain greek yogurt on anything and everything we used sour cream for and we love it.

Watch boiling though. It will separate. You can heat it; just not boil.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder. Cheesecake and banana creme are awesome. Or for a savory option, mix with hidden valley ranch dip powder for a veggie dip.

Sounds good! What is the ratio of pudding mix to greek yogurt that you use?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    did u say....chive?
    LOL oh God it's everywhere.

I usually put fruit in mine. Pineapple and the like. I also bake and cook with it and put it in my smoothes. I'm to the point that greek yogurt is my favorite food right now. I could eat it plain. It tastes better then cream to me.