How much weight do you loose in a month

Options

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    roughly 10lbs and that is if im busting *kitten* working out!
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    As of lately 0! Once I hit my first goal weight which I am ok with I really haven't lost much. I would like to hit my second goal weight at some point, but mainly focusing on toning up.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    the first month i lost 15 pounds, and the second month i lost 7 pounds last month :/ i got stuck..hate those times but 7 is better then 0
  • imaiyana
    imaiyana Posts: 3
    Options
    My belief from all I have read and learned over the years to loose weight in a healthy way is to let your calories count not count your calories. Now I am not saying toss the program and don't count calories what I am saying is make sure you eat a full healthy diet of whole unprocessed foods, include lean proteins, lots of fresh leafy greens, add lots of fresh bright colored foods for a complete palate.Do some research and eat lots of super foods like kale and quinoa. If you are eating these you may be getting full on less especially if you are exercising. Make the most of your calories and if you feel full don't eat just because some calorie counter says you need more. Watch yourself and see a good Doctor you trust if you need more help. There is tons of great info online look around, listen to all we say and use what works best for you. No two people will loose or gain the same way. I wish you the best. I am down about 10 pound and have 10 or 15 more to go and after about 5 weeks here I am loving the program.
  • littlebean24
    Options
    4-5 pounds
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 15 weeks now and have lost 37.4 pounds, which averages to about 2.5 a week or 10 a month. Of course some weeks are more than others, some weeks the number doesn't move and others I have a small gain. But I'm 37 down with 116 more to go.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You don't loose any of it...

You LOSE it.

If you loose it first you might lose it more easily.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    13 pounds the first week, 10 pounds the second week, this is my third week and have lost 2.4 pounds so far.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^Oppps that should say months not weeks.
  • u2_fan
    u2_fan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I learned something today. :-)
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey for almost 4 months. I've lost an average of 8lbs per month...or about 2 pounds per week. ......31pounds lost so far!!!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    13 pounds the first week, 10 pounds the second week, this is my third week and have lost 2.4 pounds so far.

Did you mean to say months instead of weeks?

Never mind...you fixed it while I was typing this. Haha
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    I am losing 10-15 LBS a month. I do excercise 5-6 days a week, now that it's nice out I am out riding horses, gardening and such I have noticed my weight loss has increased. I drink a ton of water 80+ ounces a day and I really notice I lose a LOT more weight when I am drinking my water. As of my last weigh in ( almost 2 weeks ago) I was 37 LBS down, with 98 to go!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I lost "exactly" each month... but in 90 days on MFP I lost 50 lbs.:smile: (my profile pic shows the progress)
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been losing about 4lbs/month which has been good for me. I'm down 17lbs since starting at the beginning of the year and have 8lbs more to go to reach my goal weight of 130lbs. Slow and steady! I lost about 25lbs before my wedding and was working out like crazy/not eating very much, thus after I got married I quickly gained 10-15lbs back. My goal is to hit 130lbs by our 3rd anniversary on June 5th, and then we leave for Europe on June 6th, gotta look good in those vaca pictures!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options

You LOSE it.

I was wondering if I was going to be the one to say it. Ps, I was losing about two pounds per week. Now it's about one per week.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 10, sometimes none. Doesn't matter much to me anymore, I just keep going.
  • bdsweetie21
    Options
    Approx. 7.75lbs... that's based off of my 1.8lb avg weight loss per week. I fluctuate between 1.5lb and about 2.1lbs of weight loss per week. I lost more in the first month than the second month... It is generally that way because you are starting to gain muscle (given you are doing exercise) which adds on weight and covers up that amount lost.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have lost 0 in a month (trying my hardest!) and I have lost 8-10 in a month. it all depends! just give it your all, no matter how much a month you lose. you will feel better and eventually your body will change and the weight will drop :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options

You LOSE it.

If you loose it first you might lose it more easily.

For sure!! If its too tight you gotta loose it up first.. then you can lose it..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!