Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Wait ... too many words.... WHAT?
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Words of affirmation and physical touch.

My partner and I are are like IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou all day, and I like it, I have a friend who doesn't say she loves her partner all the time because it makes it more special when she does say it, but I love that we are always saying it. And we are always touching, always holding hands or hugging or giving each other pats on the butt haha. We've been together almost 3 years, and hopefully we'll still be the same when we've been together 30 years!
  • littlebean24
    Options
    My husband and I read the book and we took the test to figure out what we are. I am equally quality time and receiving gifts. My hubby is physical touch.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Physical touch.. I'm not high maintenance, but my spouse does have to touch base with me frequently.. a pat here, a smooch there, holding hands when we're in the car or walking.. And it's ironic, too, because I don't like anyone to touch me or come close enough to me to touch me in general.. everyone but my husband and kids are kept (literally) at arms length.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am quality time with a bit of touch. My husband is touch with a little bit of quality time. It works out well.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Quality time for sure.
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation AND Physical Touch

Yup. Me too!
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation AND Physical Touch
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Physical touch outweighs acts of service by a little bit.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    When it comes to receiving love from my husband my love language is Acts Of Service.
    When it comes to my friendships I like to receive love in the form of Quality Time.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My # 1 language is Quality Time and the runner up is Physical Touch......

That's probably why I enjoy Quality Touch.... just sayin'
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Words of Affirmation or Physical Touch, no doubt!!
  • LoveLife8888
    Options
    Words of Affirmation! & Physical Touch! :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    mine is acts of service and physical touch. hubby's is physical touch and words of affirmation. oldest son is quality time; youngest son is receiving gifts. we cover them all. :)
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Definitely "Words of Affirmation." BTW, Great book and I highly recommend it!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    words of affirmation ..
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Love this book! I also bought the childrens version which translates these into how you relate to your kids! Primary language for me is definitely quality time....bit of a difficult one as it is the one thing none of us seem to have enough of! Great thread!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Quality Time and Acts of Service for me.

I need quality time. Not much of it - I'm happy for my fiancé to do what he likes, when he likes for the most part - but I hate trying to hold a conversation when he's distracted and gives a short reply, and I like us finding the time to go out together for the occasional meal, walk around a park or shopping trip.

The Acts of Service one is one he's very good at, and it's kind of an essential. I work 15 hour days quite a lot - the house would fall into disrepair if it were up to me to keep on top of it. He does all the housework and cooks the meals, and it's so appreciated. I still find myself seeing those patches of black mould in the bathroom that I'm too exhausted to get around to, and getting stressed about it, but I dread to think what this place would be like if he didn't do what he did.

He's a Receiving Gifts and Words of Affirmation guy. Thoughtful gifts make him happy, and he needs to hear regularly how proud I am of him and how I appreciate his efforts. He's not as keen on a simple 'I love you', but I do say that a lot and I think he gets bored of it. :tongue:
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    Definitely words of affirmation by a long shot and the acts of service. Unfortunately, one of my husband's lowest is words of affirmation. :frown:
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It's only words and words are all I have... :heart:

Second n importantly, QT.