Nutella Banana Bread!

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
Do you love Nutella? Bananas? Banana bread? Banana bread WITH Nutella? Then you'll love this recipe. I found it today and can't wait to try! :) ENJOY!

Source=
http://www.slenderkitchen.com/nutella-banana-bread/

Weight Watchers Nutella Banana Bread
Servings: 13 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice
Nutritional Info: 138.1 calories, 3.8 g of fat, 24.8 g of carbohydrates, 2.5 g of fiber 1.7 g of protein

Ingredients
4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Nutella

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg whites. Add the banana, vanilla, and apple sauce and mix together. Set aside.

3. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

4. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.

5. Warm the Nutella up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is softer and melted.

6. Pour the banana bread batter into a bread pan. Then slowly spoon the nutella on top and swirl into the bread using a knife until all of the Nutella has been worked in.

7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Oh man... Two amazing things in one loaf. Thanks for sharing :)
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's a very precise claim for calories (138.1) but uses imprecise inputs 'cups'. They're the devil's measure for portion control. Wherever carb dense ingredients are involved I want recipes to quote weight values. I looked around the web for the same recipe in grams but couldn't find it.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Lol my addiction to Nutella continues.....
  • PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    You are genius and I love you!!! This is the best idea. :] Thanks for posting!!! :D
  • maethoriel
    Options
    sounds amazing
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Now thats an interesting recipe right there...gonna have to try it!!! Bought a jar of Nutella awhile back and have been afraid to open it...the reviews on it are astronomical...and i'm afraid i'll clean the jar out in one sitting..LOL! Thanks 4 sharing!:wink:
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Are there really people out there that DON'T love Nutella? How can this be?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Meh nutella is frosting passing itself off as healthy!

There are healthier versions of hazelnut chocolate spreads yall should look into.(Justin's)
  • damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yum, that looks tasty!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds like heaven. thanks for sharing.. i'm making it TODAY!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Never really got into Nutella ... I know, insane:P But this looks like a yummy recipe! And you can defiantly make it "healthier" ;) Thanks!!!
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • dc_smile2002
    dc_smile2002 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Can't wait to try it.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's a very precise claim for calories (138.1) but uses imprecise inputs 'cups'. They're the devil's measure for portion control. Wherever carb dense ingredients are involved I want recipes to quote weight values. I looked around the web for the same recipe in grams but couldn't find it.

I'm really curious. How imprecise are the "cup" inputs versus weigh values? Thanks for replying.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious. How imprecise are the "cup" inputs versus weigh values? Thanks for replying.

A chart of cups vs weight
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes2008/master-weight-chart.html

then you have the variance of packed/not packed, below the brim, over the brim.
  • HopeBay
    HopeBay Posts: 32
    Options
    Yum...going to buy the missing ingredients this weekend.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    As neoterrar says, a cup depends on how well packed the food is. That's why recipes in cups have to say whether the item is grated, diced, sifted etc. This topic often comes up so you may wish to read this thread from last month:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536033-weighing-food-seriously

It refers to a youtube video (mute the irritating soundtrack):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

If the recipe says 1 cup, you have a 'cup-filling' task. If the recipe say 125 grams, the weighing task is simply a matter of reading digits. You can read 117 g or 131 g directly. It's also less messy, just put the nutella on the scales and watch the weight decrease as you spoon it out.

You don't have to use digital food scales for everything. A scale is just another tool. But if you don't own the tool, you don't have the choice that other people do.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This looks delish. Thanks for sharing.