JM 30 Day SHRED....HELP PLEASE--WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Options

Replies

• msmotivated86
    msmotivated86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30DS tomorrow and I am so glad I saw this post. If I didn't see this I would have freaked out by gaining weight during the process. So thanks for all the input and wish me luck!
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Why do people honestly say muscle weighs more than fat
    if you have a pound of muscle and a pound of fat...they are equivalent in weight
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Make sure you're eating back your exercise calories, and maybe try increasing calorie intake to 1400 or something.. kick your metabolism into gear! You're doing great though, don't give up!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs. when I started JM 30 Day Shred, but it went away after a week. Stay with it, you will see results. Persistence will be rewarded....
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    30DS shreds fat, but build muscle. which is heavier than fat. That's why someone told me that you should wait until you're done with the workout completely. I started Monday and lost 2 pounds.. :/ my muscles should be aching too but their not. So i feel like i'm doing it wrong lol
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    if you have a pound of muscle and a pound of fat...they are equivalent in weight

yes but in the beginning you may lose one pounds of fat but gain two pounds of muscle.
  • deansters
    Options
    there is always a fluctuation in a persons weight
    Water weight is usually the reason why there is a sudden weight gain.

Gaining muscle (for women) is something that is not done over night-especially not within 11 day period

gaining a lb of muscle for a woman take a bit more time
  • sebbysmommy
    sebbysmommy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I gained 7lbs my first week of the shred! It was all water and came off the next week....my pants have also decided to come off. Can't keep the things up anymore without a belt :wink: :laugh:
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating 1200? Surely you should be eating more than this ... especially when exercising. You need to fuel your body to help it burn fat and build muscle.

^This is what I was thinking too...
  • projectconsistency
    Options

A square inch of muscle weighs more than a square inch of fat.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating 1200? Surely you should be eating more than this ... especially when exercising. You need to fuel your body to help it burn fat and build muscle.

Yes, you need to up your calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. You need fuel to do the workouts. I usually eat the recommended amount of calories and then eat back half or all of my work out calories. I have only been doing this a few days and already I have seen better results.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the calories you are burning? Your body needs that fuel or it will shut down.
  • sammanchester
    sammanchester Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This!
  • deansters
    Options

i had said a lb fat= lb of muscle

i never mentioned about the area
  • Iamjulez
    Iamjulez Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Likely you are gaining MUSCLE from your work outs, Muscle is heavier than fat... it takes a while for the shift from gaining muscle to have it start burning your fat off... the scales really suck when you start gaining muscle because it is really frustrating to start "gaining" weight. How about your measurements? Are they all getting bigger? Or more toned?

You might not be feedng your metabolism enough as well... :)
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey i dont know if i'll be of any help but you can see my 30 day shred results aswell as ripped in 30...my starting wasnt great either...i was gaining and loosing when i started frustrated me aswell...but you just have to keep at it and stick with it...
    here are my results
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/562013-my-before-and-after-with-pictures
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    muscle weights more than fat, ive got scales that analise your body fat and mucle, been to the gym twice but gained a lb in muscle and lost a lb in fat,the scales are good because even if ive maintained but gained muscle it keeps me on track and motivated.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I started this program as well on Monday and here we are Friday and not even a pound gone. I've even mixed this up with another 30 min cardio workout just to see super results. So let's see, my bones HURT in my legs mostly but no weight loss and the scale makes me want to throw it out the window. I'm seriously getting unmotivated with this program however I know its doing something because like I said in my legs I can hardly bend when repeating the workout the next day. I'm down to my last 20 pounds and have not succeeded this year. One min I lose 5 pounds of it, and then have 15 more to go and then when my monthly curse arrives so does the scale. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Some very basic rules of weight loss

1. You need to fuel your body properly by eating enough; protein, healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, nuts)
    2. a few lbs can easily be from water retention or that time of the month, maybe too much sodium
    3. Must take your measurements and body fat % those don't lie
    4. You will never get where you want without exercise (it with tone your body and tighten your skin)
    5. Don't weight yourself everyday, don't be a slave to the scale
    6. Don't give up on yourself, there's nothing wrong with you, it takes time, dedication and hard work
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm also experiencing this. I lost lbs steadily before 30DS and since starting i'm gaining 1-3 lbs. a day. Likely water weight, but it's frustrating. I did take measurements and took some quick ones as I'm in the middle of 30ds and see i've lost a couple inches in spots! It's hard not to focus on the scale and very discouraging when it's gains! But keep with it!
    I agree perfectly,it was frustrating for me so i changed it and go for brisk walking ,i also up my calorie intake to 1400 kcal ,ur calorie intake is low for such workout,1200 is the minimum. My weight is coming off easily.
    do whats is good for ur body i would say goodluck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!