Let's talk about...Plain Greek Yogurt!

Options

Replies

• heidiosburn
    heidiosburn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love regular yogurt as well, I made oatmeal with bananas and yogurt this morning. Yummy!! I can even get my 2 1/2 yr old son to eat it too. I am recently back on my fitness pal after having my second baby. I lost 40 lbs using it before so I know this works. Can't wait to get a few lbs off. Only 20 to go!!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My usual is cut up fruit like berries, 1/8 cup of walnuts.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    little bit of raspberry jam from the farm market added in. OMG so good!!!!

What are people's favorite brands? I like Fage 2%
  • NK203
    NK203 Posts: 35
    Options
    1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A previous poster mentioned Tru Lemon which I like. I recently tried Tru Lime and it's great too. Just add a little of your favorite sweetener and it's like Key Lime pie! I usually add some type of berry and a teaspoon of almond slivers since my Greek yogurt is the non-fat variety.
  • leex1487
    leex1487 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made a greek yogurt cheesecake the other day and it was delicious! http://www.eatliverun.com/greek-yogurt-cheesecake-with-peaches-and-honey/
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is awesome! I make it a lot of different ways. Sometimes I will just add a packet of Truvia in it. Sometimes I put blueberries. When I want something really sweet I'll mix in a teaspoon of sugar free lemon or cheesecake pudding mix, it tastes like pudding! So delicious!
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The possibilities are endless. I use chopped fruits either bananas, apples, berries, cereals, nuts, peanut butter (pb2), sugar free pudding mixes favorites are cheesecake and pistachio, protein powders, Salt black pepper spread over a baked potato or dip veggies into. I also mix some Sriracha in their and top my steaks with it doesn't sound nice but its delicious!
  • aspenwhisper
    Options
    I put it in most things sour cream or mayo used to be in and just season it accordingly. I also add some to my oatmeal, and of course add raw honey to it.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    you can whip it into a mayonnaise too

1/3 cup greek yogurt
    1 tbsp dill weed
    1/3 tsp ground mustard
    1 tsp lemon zest
    1/4 tsp worchestershire sauce

directions
    pour worcestershire sauce, dill weed, mustard and lemon zest into greek yogurt and stir until fully mixed.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A few slices of banana, 2-3 sliced strawberries and some non-salted sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch: delish!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    mixed berries and a touch of agave nectar. mmmm.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use it like sour cream or to make a "creamed" spinach (yum).

When I have it for breakfast, I mix in some honey, raw nuts, and whatever fruit I have around (berries, or even prunes).
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    A packet of Splenda and a splash of vanilla makes Fage 2% like frosting to me. Num.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump (:
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Either mix it with fruit, blend it with fruit and make a smoothing (1c yogurt, 1c fruit, Ice, 1/4c orange juice) or put a little honey on top.
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I take 1 cup greek yogurt and layer it with sliced strawberries and raspberries, very filling for a dessert or a mid afternoon snack:) I use 2%
  • mbb0301
    mbb0301 Posts: 33
    Options
    I eat nonfat plain greek yogurt almost every day for breakfast with sliced banana, ground flax seed and walnuts. The banana sweetens it naturally, not to mention the nutrient benefits of banana's plus the flax and walnuts. Super yummy, super nutritious!!!

I also put a small amount in my smoothies (banana's, strawberries and orange juice)
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i love the Oikos greek yogurt w/honey!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with diet swiss miss hot chocolate powder...Tastes just like chocolate pudding!!