Good Home Scale Recommendations..?

Options
I started out with a "Biggest Loser" digital scale that seemed to do well for a few weeks. It showed I was consistently dropping weight every week. Then, with no changes in my lifestyle, it jumped up - quickly - right back to where I started. My husband checked it and said it was also suddenly weighing him 5-6lbs heavier also. Then it fluctuated everyday. We decided to exchange it.

This time, we tried a "Weight Watchers" digital scale. He got on and it was slightly higher than he expected, but he thought it was okay. I got on this morning and it has me even heavier than when I got started 50+ days ago! I am shocked and devastated! I don't know what to believe!

I've been completely weaned off my heart medication for 4 days now (weaning for 30 days and was losing every week) that I'm sure has put weight on me. But now, I'm not only seeing this scale go back up - but over. Should I exchange it again? It couldn't be accurate, could it? :-(

I need recommendations for a sturdy, accurate home scale... What do you all use and how much were they?

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've gone through a lot of disappointing ones and the best by far is the Eatsmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. Really consistent, accurate, and cheap too.
  • fauxliage
    Options
    I also use an EatSmart scale. I got it off Amazon. They have multiple different models, not sure what the name is of the one I got but it's black and cost $32.95. I've had it for about a year now and I'm really happy with it. My old scale (Escali) was so unreliable, I would constantly get different values if I weighed myself several times in a row. I could generally weigh several times and average and get pretty close, but ugh, annoying.

Other than the number being off the VERY first time I weighed on it, this one has been fine ever since and is very consistent/accurate. I liked that they had very good reviews on Amazon and seemed responsive on the rare occasion someone had an issue with their scale.

I will say that my weight on this one was a little over 2 lbs heavier than my old scale, but I had a feeling my old scale was low/off in general. You may find that whatever scale you end up using has you a little off from what you were before, but in the long run so long as you stick with 1 scale that's consistent it'll work out.
  • gldnlark
    gldnlark Posts: 53
    Options
    I like those recommendations. Thank you. I'll look for it.

I just put 2 5lbs metal weights on the "Weight Watchers" scale and it read them at 9.8lbs. Close, but not really accurate...