no progress in a week :(

Options
Hi,
I have been watching what i eat and excersising 4 times or more in a week.....i stepped on the scale today but no progress.....this made me kida down :(

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    is this your first week? Give it time weigh in again after a month and messure
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    yeah its only been 6 days....not even a full week, but i want to loose about 8 pounds in a month...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Eight pounds a month (2 pounds a week) is tricky unless you have a significant (more than 75 pounds) to lose. There's no details in your post or profile, but... Generally speaking, if you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal (1000 calorie deficit). If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal (750 calorie deficit). If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal (500 calories). If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal (500-250). If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal (250).

If you don't have as much to lose, and try for too large of a calorie deficit, your body doesn't have enough excess fat to use as reserves. Your metabolism will slow, making weight loss harder than it has to be, and making you lose a larger percentage of muscle lost instead of fat.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    yeah its only been 6 days....not even a full week, but i want to loose about 8 pounds in a month...

It hasn't even been a week and you're already weighing yourself? Ok then. Also like Lorina said I wouldn't expect to lose 8 pounds in a month unless you have quite a bit to lose to begin with, that's a very lofty goal. I do good to lose 8 pounds in a month and I've still got about 113 pounds to lose.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    By "watching what you eat", do you mean that you've been carefully logging your food and verifying you don't go over on your calorie allocation? Impossible to assess the situation without seeing your diary, knowing your stats, etc.
  • masumaj
    Options
    feel free to add me, ive made my profile private so only friends can view it.......i want to loose about 18 pounds
  • masumaj
    Options
    and yes i have been watching what ieat by logging it into my diary, i also try to eat less carbs
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

It hasn't even been a week and you're already weighing yourself? Ok then. Also like Lorina said I wouldn't expect to lose 8 pounds in a month unless you have quite a bit to lose to begin with, that's a very lofty goal. I do good to lose 8 pounds in a month and I've still got about 113 pounds to lose.

I can't wait for diablo 3 :)
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    I can relate for sure, especially because in the begining I was loosing so much! It took someone reminding me what is way way way more important then the number on the scale is how you FEEL. I have been making REALLY great eating choices, I have been sweating up a storm on my tredmill and although, yes, my goal is to loose weight, it is also equally important to know I am doing all these wonderful things for my health and well being!! I hope that helps. Keep going, don't give up, don't get discouraged by the scale. KEEP GOING!!! :smile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It didn't take you just a week to gain the weight, it's not going to take just a week to lose it. Keep going. Don't expect so much all at once.
  • masumaj
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!! :)
    I guess i just need to be motivated to keep going.
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    Go go go!! lol It looks like your doing an amzing job, I wish I could throw my scale away too,but I am a slave to it. It can be a double edged sword, but NEVER let it take away how amazing this lifestyle change is making you feel! Ever ever!! :happy:
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You've changed yourself for a solid week by eating well and exercising.
    THAT IS PROGRESS! :happy:
    Every meal, every workout, every positive thought ... it's all good stuff! Revel in your daily successes. :flowerforyou:
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    Hey, keep your chin up and keep going. I stalled for a month at the beginning and even gained a few pounds but then suddenly dropped 2.6lbs when I least expected it. Your body is adjusting. Just be consistent, keep to your daily goal and eat back most if not all your exercise calories back. Focus on the other things that are happening e.g. your inches are decreasing, your body is getting stronger, your mental health is improving and you're setting yourself up for a long and healthy life. Shedding some pounds off along the way is just a bonus. Being healthy is the goal, so keep moving soldier! You'll win this war.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I just changed all my macros up. No change in the first week and half, but then 2lbs in the last couple of days. Hang in there. Its just your body freaking out at the changes! X
  • Penzi80
    Penzi80 Posts: 29
    Options
    I also felt a bit disapointed being my 3rd week the progress is slow but its important to keep ua mind on the long term goal, which is to have a healthy life style and lose weight the healthy way. It takes time am also looking forward to see the pounds getn off
  • lainiegee
    lainiegee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I only lost 3/4 of a pound my first week and was gutted! Its the first time i have tried 'counting calories' and found it extreemly difficult (still do most times, lol) and only to lose that little bit was a crushing blow! I have stuck with it though and have now lost a little more! Just as important though is i am feeling healthier already. I can relate to what you are saying (i too am a 'slave' to my scales) but IT WILL WORK just keep on doing what you are doing and make healthy choices. Good luck.
    Hi,
    I have been watching what i eat and excersising 4 times or more in a week.....i stepped on the scale today but no progress.....this made me kida down :(
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • masumaj
    Options
    ive started the 30 day shred....day 2 today.....does anyone have any feedback or tips :)