I've never seen these movies!

Options
Musikelektronik
Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
The whole Hunger Games phenomenon has reminded me that I have a long-running "streak" of sorts: I have avoided all of the top-grossing movies of the past 20+ years. Here's a list of movies that I HAVEN'T seen and have no intention of seeing:

The Hunger Games
Any of the Twilight movies
Any of the Harry Potter movies
Titanic
Any of the Jurassic Park movies
Any Star Wars movie made after 1977
Any animated movies by Disney or Pixar

Sorry, I'm not just not into the big Hollywood blockbuster. What about you?

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    LOL I am so not a movie person. My husband cringes at the thought that I have never seen...

ANY Star Wars movies
    ANY Twilight Movies
    ANY animated movies by Disney or Pixar
    The Hunger Games
    ET
    Thelma and Louise
    The Princess Bride (Hubby's favorite!)
    Anything with Vin Diesel
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ok, the list would really be much too long. It would probably be easier to list what I HAVE seen. haha

Edit: Had to add one!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That fact scandalizes most people I know.

Avatar was really cool visually, but the movie itself was blah.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Grease
    Sound of music
    Jaws
    Psycho

all the classics... nup
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Any Star Wars movie made after 1977
    So you only saw episode IV?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    All those films suck, apart from the first jurassic park.

You really should give pixar a go though, even though they're disney films they're pretty deep and creative, and wonderful really.

Wall-e is great, seen Up! once and it broke my heart (never cried so much over a movie), and the toy story films are great (I'd say the third is the best but you have to watch the first two to get the benefit from it).

There's loads of great pixar films really, you should watch their documentary they made fairly recently, they look like some awesome people :L

eta: Huge disney film, favourites are lion king, little mermaid, the hunchback of notre dame, and I love Mulan and how it changes the disney princess thing. (Just realised none of my favourite disneys are little girly princess films!)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    any of the Godfather movies. or Gone with the Wind. some of the major classics. and any Cheech and Chong film - not necessarily a classic, but still get some odd looks about it given who my set of friends were after school.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Im assuming u dont have kids?
    LOL
    Last movie I saw in the theatre was Cast away..I kid u not
    I do rent from time to time
    The only movies I watch now are animated...LOL
    I am way behind the times....
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly up on pop culture, but I have seen most of those on the list one way or another. I haven't and probably won't see the Hunger Games, saw the first Twilight (hooray for $1 Redbox Rentals), and I've seen through Harry Potter movie 5. You are SOOOOOOOOOOOO Lucky on avoiding Avatar. I was dragged to it kicking and screaming on December 23rd after Christmas Shopping. Titanic is hilarious. Star Wars is pretty classic, at least the original series, even though I'm more of a Trekkie, and Toy Story, Toy Story 2 (didn't want to cry with 3...) and Cars are fantastic.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That fact scandalizes most people I know.

GASP!!!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    LOL I am so not a movie person. My husband cringes at the thought that I have never seen...

ANY Star Wars movies
    ANY Twilight Movies
    ANY animated movies by Disney or Pixar
    The Hunger Games
    ET
    Thelma and Louise
    The Princess Bride (Hubby's favorite!)
    Anything with Vin Diesel
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ok, the list would really be much too long. It would probably be easier to list what I HAVE seen. haha

You haven't seen your husband's favorite movie?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Titanic
    Any Star Wars
    Any Lord of the Rings
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Huge blockbuster type ones i've never seen:

Armageddon

Titanic

• twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Haha, i almost started this subject a couple of days ago.

Never seen and might some day--
    Grease
    Forrest Gump
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Pretty in Pink
    Uncle Buck
    Godfather movies

Never ever--
    Transformers past the first
    Okay, probably every Michael Bay movie. Man doesn't know the art of subtlety.
    Anything with Charlie Sheen

Wish I'd never seen-
    Twilight -- how can someone make vampires boring?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    All those films suck, apart from the first jurassic park.

You really should give pixar a go though, even though they're disney films they're pretty deep and creative, and wonderful really.

Wall-e is great, seen Up! once and it broke my heart (never cried so much over a movie), and the toy story films are great (I'd say the third is the best but you have to watch the first two to get the benefit from it).

There's loads of great pixar films really, you should watch their documentary they made fairly recently, they look like some awesome people :L

eta: Huge disney film, favourites are lion king, little mermaid, the hunchback of notre dame, and I love Mulan and how it changes the disney princess thing. (Just realised none of my favourite disneys are little girly princess films!)

with you on the Pixar thing. The only Pixar movie I can do without, and would be generally happy watching it burn and shrivel up into ash is Cars 2. That movie was... painful. I admit there were some funny parts, but I was bored halfway through the movie. You are never supposed to get bored through a Pixar movie. Ever. Saw it at home with the GF though, so that was a payoff I guess.

Excited about their two projects in the works, Monsters Inc. 2 and an untitled project where humans and dinosaurs evolved together, rather than dinosaurs dying out. Based on a kids book I think.
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    You have to see Saving Private Ryan and Pitch Black. Diesel's best pictures.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Never seen:

Star Wars (any of the 50 versions)
    Star Trek
    Rocky 1 - 25
    Lion King
    Lord of the Rings 2 or 3
    Cars
    Twilight

I could watch Princess Bride and/or Elf every day of the year.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

>Anything with Vin Diesel<

Not even Saving Private Ryan? Like who hasn't seen that movie?! It's one of the greatest movies ever!
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Totally agree. Avatar was Dances with Wolves with great visual effects.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You have to see Saving Private Ryan and Pitch Black. Diesel's best pictures.

Best reason to watch Saving Private Ryan..... Vin Diesel dies.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I've never seen:

Blade Runner
    Fifth Element
    The Abyss