"Hollow" Days

Options
So, this is one of those days were it feels like whatever I eat, I'm still not getting full. It's like I'm a bottomless pit and I'm trying so hard not to eat all my calories before I get off work. I tried experimenting a couple of weeks back to see which foods kept me the fullest longer. Needless to say, I started eating oatmeal again for breakfast. My question for you all is, besides drinking water, what do you do when you are having a "hollow" day?

Replies

• noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try to eat high fiber foods, as they keep me feeling fuller longer. Black bean soup is one of my favorites; so delicious, healthy, and filling! Besides drinking water, I also like to drink a warm beverage, like tea, which seems to fill me up on those days. Hope this helps!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    For me, these days are more about boredom or stress than lack of food. I have to force myself to get active, preferably outside. Otherwise, I can clear out the pantry (and the fridge)!! Eat plenty of healthy foods, make sure you're getting lots of water, and if that doesn't help, get some fresh air...get your mind in a better place. Best wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know what you're talking about!!!! When I have these days, I try to eat things that take a while to eat. Like hot soup, veggies + dip, or those wasabi almonds (they're too spicy to just gobble them up!). I also try to take note as to the "why" of it. Did I eat the wrong kinds of foods the previous day/earlier in the day? Am I drinking my water? Is it close to my cycle? That sort of thing. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Like pp said, also try your hardest to take your mind off of it. Go for a walk, take a shower, paint your nails, and when all else fails just go to bed!!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For me, these days are more about boredom or stress than lack of food. I have to force myself to get active, preferably outside. Otherwise, I can clear out the pantry (and the fridge)!! Eat plenty of healthy foods, make sure you're getting lots of water, and if that doesn't help, get some fresh air...get your mind in a better place. Best wishes. :flowerforyou:

This EXACTLY. There are days when I could easily put back 3000 calories plus, but it's not because I'm hungry. For me something else triggers it and a lot of it used to be habit. If I walk through the kitchen, I have to eat something...I mean it makes sense, right? Lol. If I had one of those days now I would likely try to eat healthy 80% of the day and just go out and eat something not so awesome later.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games fan? ;)
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I usually have "hollow" days if I didn't eat enough the day before, or if I'm bored. If I'm truly hungry, I make sure that I get what I'm actually craving, or I can eat all day long. Most of the time, I just grab a piece of gum, and find something to do.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I try to eat high fiber foods, as they keep me feeling fuller longer. Black bean soup is one of my favorites; so delicious, healthy, and filling! Besides drinking water, I also like to drink a warm beverage, like tea, which seems to fill me up on those days. Hope this helps!

Black bean soup sounds delicious. I think I will try this.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games fan? ;)

Yes, I am, lol
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I usually have these bottomless black hole days the day after a tough work out. I've tried extra protein and/or extra carbs to "cure" it, they didn't work for me.

I've found a cup of warm milk with a 1/2 tsp of sugar seems to help. I usually add in a chai tea teabag or a spoon of decaf instant coffee

Edit: I loved the Hunger Games books too. Haven't seen the movie yet tho.
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    AAAAGH. I'm having one today too! I've tried just about every combination... about to work on salty with some popcorn. :/
  • bttfly87
    bttfly87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Sip a hot beverage or diet cola. Chewing gum works too!!