family think im to thin!!

Options

Replies

• bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got that also from my mom. I lose weight in my face first and I have a small face so when I lose, that's where you can tell. Unfortunatly the rest of my body isn't like that at all. LOL!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have had issue with friends and co workers and my ex mil saying things like I am wasting away and that I need to stop trying to lose. I am technically like a few lbs away from a healthy bmi 5'4 146lbs so I could still stand to loose a good 16 or so more.
  • byronguy74
    Options
    I have had people start to tell me the same thing - a few family members and several coworkers. But at the same time I have other friends, family, and coworkers tell me how good I am looking and how the weight I have lost has been incredible. I still feel like I have at least another 20 pounds or so that I want to lose, maybe more depending on how I feel when I get to that point. Like others have said, I am doing what my body wants me to do and what will make me happy - once I am happy then I will start worrying about making others happy.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    tbf, you are very very light, how tall are you?
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Janineshaw
    Options
    im not very tall im 5ft 4 xx
  • Janineshaw
    Options
    well 5ft 3-4 xx
  • karenjoy
    Options
    :frown:
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't think "you need to see a Dr"...very harsh reaction and not particularly helpful.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    you're within the boundaries of a healthy weight, but barely, You probably are too thin =/
  • karenjoy
    Options
    :glasses:
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BMI is 18.9 if you are 5ft 4 and 110 lbs ish. Within a healthy range according to the website I checked.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Why does everybody go for BMI when looking at the light side of things.

I suggest you work out or get your body fat %age calculated and judge it on that.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ok you're BMI is just within the healthy range, but don't lose any more weight. Otherwise you will be underweight and that isn't good.

as a shorter person myself, I understand what it's like as even at a BMI of 22.5 as i was previously i was still quite curvy and can imagine at a BMI of 19 i would be slim but not skinny, so perhaps thats what you are.

maybe put a picture up,for us to see how you look now? x
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6 and currently weigh 110-112lb, depending on the day I've had. I know I weigh a little less than my BMI and pretty much everyone says I am too thin, but you know what? I don't care! For the first time in my life I feel confident in myself and to me that's important. I am fit, healthy and aim to stay this way.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    just been to visit family in uk (were army based abroad) and my family r all saying they are concerned that im to thin and think i need help but i dont agree with them have any of you had this problem with family or friends? xx

Without knowing your height it's impossible to say for sure, but your weight is on the low side of normal for someone who is about 5'2" tall. If you're taller, your weight is low. Your starting weight was in the center of the normal range if you're between 5'5" and 5'7", which is a pretty average height. If you're planning to lose more weight, I'd be concerned if I were your relative too.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't think "you need to see a Dr"...very harsh reaction and not particularly helpful.

telling a very underweight woman, who has told us her family are concerned and thinks she is fine to see a Dr is NOT harsh...seriously, she needs to see a Dr so the Dr can *kitten* her to see if she is at a healthy weight or not......

You miscalculated...her bmi is not under 18. At 5'3.75 and 109 its 18.58. So basicallt 18.6 which isn't underweight.
  • abileese
    abileese Posts: 1
    Options
    Seems like you're just fine :o) But doesn't sound like you need to lose more weight. I think that being overweight has become the norm so when you're a healthy weight you're classed as too skinny. I get really annoyed at clothes shops ads for "real" women sized 12+ !!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You know what? Weve all heard how BMI is inaccurate. It doesn't sound like the op is worried aout losing more weight, it sounds like she has no issues maintaining a perfectly healthy weight, even if on the BMI charts it shows as being a bit on the thin side.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

telling a very underweight woman, who has told us her family are concerned and thinks she is fine to see a Dr is NOT harsh...seriously, she needs to see a Dr so the Dr can *kitten* her to see if she is at a healthy weight or not......

You miscalculated...her bmi is not under 18. At 5'3.75 and 109 its 18.58. So basicallt 18.6 which isn't underweight.

Her weight is very low, and her ticker indicates she is planning on losing more. It's not bad advice to suggest she consult a doctor first to ensure this is a good idea. Everyone should have medical supervision when losing weight anyway.