How Can I lose 3lbs in one week

Options
Anyone have any advice in order for me to reach my goal in time???

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yes, my advise is don't attempt this as it is unhealthy. You may accomplish this the 1st week but most will be water weight. I didn't look at your profile but unless you are obesely overweight this is inadvisable.
  • shunima
    shunima Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you don't have a job that requires you to move a lot... The gym, every day, 500 calories (45 mins. stationary bicycle, vigorous or 60 minutes elliptical trainer), then calorie intake down to 1300 cals. per day and you should do 2 lbs. per week but that's the maximum when you want to stay within 'healthy' limits.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dehydrate. Work out. Skip dinner. It will come back though.
  • MissLaurenR88
    Options
    bump
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Anyone have any advice in order for me to reach my goal in time???

height? weight? in time for what????
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you don't have a job that requires you to move a lot... The gym, every day, 500 calories (45 mins. stationary bicycle, vigorous or 60 minutes elliptical trainer), then calorie intake down to 1300 cals. per day and you should do 2 lbs. per week but that's the maximum when you want to stay within 'healthy' limits.

A net of 800 cal per day? 1300 cal per day is lower than most people's BMR - very bad advice.

To the OP - losing 3lbs of fat in one week is virtually impossible unless you're morbidly obese, it would require a caloric deficit of 10,500 cal in one week. Why the goal of 3lbs in one week?
  • shunima
    shunima Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Disagree... The topic clearly refers to "one week" and for that short period it is absolutely ok to go down to 800 cal. net. The intake of 1300 cal. will not send you into starvation in one week as there are still 1300 cal. to work on. The difference to your BMR results in weight loss, if 500 then it's a pound for that week. The other pound should come from the 500 cal. burned in the gym each day. That's 2 lbs. and given that it's just a week there's nothing wrong with it. Please read, think and conclude before writing such nonsense. Do the math...