Belly fat GET OFF ME!

Options
So, I've been exercising and dieting for a month or so, my legs are getting muscular and hard as stone, my arms are loosing fat as well, my butt and my face is looking AWESOME!...

But - my belly fat, won't change..... In addition, my breast aren't getting any smaller as well. I've always been muscular and heavy build, but I've always had the "apple" form. This means all my fat is centered around my stomach and breast, which doesn't look feminine or natural at all. I really want to get this fat off...

Shall I just keep exercising like MAD and eat healthy, untill there's no fat to burn on other parts and THEN hope for my stomach fat to burn off as well? or do you guys have any fantastic tips?

Thank you.

Replies

• britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    keep at it...i am having this issue but with back fat, annoying as hell that its the last place to shift since its the fat that bugs me the most. i am assuming once i have built up a good layer of muscle then the extra fat will start melting, hope so anyway :)
    i know that for me with belly fat i can lose that fairly quickly by lowering my intake of carbs.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Bodies are stupid and they seem to like to do the opposite of what you want sometimes. I've lost 52 pounds and my belly looks no different. I got asked if I was pregnant the other day. Felt great.

Keep in mind, you've only been at it for a month. It's really not that long to see major body changes. Just have to be patient.

Don't eat to little or exercise like mad. Everything in moderation. You can't make it come off your body any faster than other parts. It will happen when it wants to. And keep in mind, you can't spot reduce like do a bunch of sit ups or something. Muscle does not replace fat.

Good luck.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    me too, my belly is the last place i seem to be loosing. it's the only place i really need to loose from now and it won't get smaller...
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Welcome to my world :laugh: Bet none of you can beat mine :laugh:

This is me from the back

Bigbelly004.jpg

Check out my belly :laugh:

Bigbelly001.jpg
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options

This is me from the back

Bigbelly004.jpg

Bigbelly001.jpg
    I bet a lot of us can. My back and my front are huge! How long have you been at it?
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    How long have you been at it?

Years. I kid you not. I had a baby in-between my fitness journey and began again when he turned 6 months old. He's now 3 :smile:
  • libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! The story of my life! I have lost 10 lbs (only have 20 to lose) and my stomach hasn't changed any. I remember when I was younger I weighed 130 and still had a stomach. I've always been a "skinny fat" because of my stomach. I've started lifting weight and am hoping this will be the key but we shall see. My clothes feel much better even around the stomach area and it looks flatter but when measured there is no difference. I don't get it really.

Just keep working on it and try different things to see what works for you! Hope it starts to come off soon!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Ahhh! The story of my life! I have lost 10 lbs (only have 20 to lose) and my stomach hasn't changed any.

I'm 63kg. 3 kg away from my target weight of 60kg. Can't see my tummy melting away with 3kg :laugh: :laugh:
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! It's so bloody annoying! :grumble:
  • sml1231
    sml1231 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people who posted, my belly fat is the last to go - ARGH! I have to lose fat EVERYWHERE else on my body before it starts coming off my stomach. The only good trick I know - and it doesn't help you lose fat, just makes it appear that way - is to cut down on salty foods and anything that makes me retain water, because then I don't look so puffy around the middle. Also, I keep doing crunches so that when that layer of fat burns off, there will be a nice layer of muscle underneath :-) Keep going, and don't give up! There are a lot of people in the same boat with you!
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :) I appreciate it.
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    I can't beat you at all! My back is, well, a bit fatter, but my belly is smaller and more... Well... sloppy. I hate it so much. I wish for it to be muscular as the rest of me.

Thanks for your respond and the great pics.
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    Ahhh! The story of my life! I have lost 10 lbs (only have 20 to lose) and my stomach hasn't changed any. I remember when I was younger I weighed 130 and still had a stomach. I've always been a "skinny fat" because of my stomach. I've started lifting weight and am hoping this will be the key but we shall see. My clothes feel much better even around the stomach area and it looks flatter but when measured there is no difference. I don't get it really.

Just keep working on it and try different things to see what works for you! Hope it starts to come off soon!

I guess we'll just have to keep on working phewww :(
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

This is me from the back

Bigbelly004.jpg

Bigbelly001.jpg

Fair play, that does look out of proportion with the rest of you. Hope you find your answers.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey I am down about 112 lbs (5.2)and I still have back/belly flab! It's slowly melting away- but like you I noticed more muscle definition in my legs and arms first. I hit a plateau at 118lbs and started cutting out carbs- packaged bread, crackers, rice. I try to keep my carbs down to 100 and only from healthy foods. Look at my diary and good luck!
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    Like a lot of people who posted, my belly fat is the last to go - ARGH! I have to lose fat EVERYWHERE else on my body before it starts coming off my stomach. The only good trick I know - and it doesn't help you lose fat, just makes it appear that way - is to cut down on salty foods and anything that makes me retain water, because then I don't look so puffy around the middle. Also, I keep doing crunches so that when that layer of fat burns off, there will be a nice layer of muscle underneath :-) Keep going, and don't give up! There are a lot of people in the same boat with you!

Thank you! I do looooads of crunches and I try to take in as few as salty foods as I can. THanks for the great advice though!
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    Hey I am down about 112 lbs (5.2)and I still have back/belly flab! It's slowly melting away- but like you I noticed more muscle definition in my legs and arms first. I hit a plateau at 118lbs and started cutting out carbs- packaged bread, crackers, rice. I try to keep my carbs down to 100 and only from healthy foods. Look at my diary and good luck!

Thanks for the great advice, already cutting down on carbs :)...
    I see there's light ahead perhaps, if legs and arms are just the first sight of loosing :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it! I have the same problem. I've lost 40 pounds since Thanksgiving, my fitness levels have greatly increased, and my arms and legs are looking awesome. Under clothes I don't even hate my all around body any more.. naked though, I still look awful!!! But, I'm dropping pants sizes so I know it's moving.. Good luck and keep it up!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options

Fair play, that does look out of proportion with the rest of you. Hope you find your answers.

Tell me about it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mwwillou
    mwwillou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is in no way meant to serve as actual advice, but my personal trainer had me on a diet that cycles carbs, and when I was sticking to it, it seemed to be working (I had actually gotten down to about 13% body fat, as a man). Basically, depending on your goals (lean muscle gain, weight loss, etc) you had a certain number of days that are considered "high carb" days, where you can take in as much as 50g or so of carbs a meal (with 5-6 meals a day), "low carb" days where you'd consume about half that much, and "no carb" days when you don't train or do a lot of physical activity, where you'd have minimal carbs (maybe 50-60g of carbs all day). My advice is, if you have a personal trainer, or are thinking about doing so, be sure and ask them for a diet plan that suits your individual goals, because that's what my trainer did. And it worked, until I got too lazy to cook all the chicken and kangaroo (I'm in Australia, by the way) to go with the salads and such. And yes, I'm still working on getting rid of the belly fat to get some abs shining through.

Stick with it, and you'll start to see the changes, and you'll be blown away.