Need Healthy Snacks That Travel Well (Ideas Please)!

Options
and can withstand heat, so nothing that melts or turns gooey! (I live in Florida). I would like to cut back on pre-packaged crackers and just protein bars gets old (and kinda melty now that the temperatures are rising). I'd like stuff that I can throw in my bag for later or even something I can leave in the car console.

Not TOO carb-heavy, if possible.

Thanks!

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    beef jerkey
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    kalamata olives
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Almonds, 1/3 cup per day,

I find I crave the crunchy stuff when I travel, so - Mary's organic crackers - gluten free - found them in Costco.

Cooler bag works good too - freeze water bottle to keep your apples cool. Bananas do not travel well!!

I average 900 - 1000 kms a week in my car - I travel with premeasured snacks. Otherwise - I would eat the whole bag of trail mix!!
    I am home every night so I can restock. And when I am on the road - I am very careful to have exactly what I need. Gas stations have way too much temptation for me.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my almonds.
  • wendy3330
    wendy3330 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    100 calorie almond snack pack

Flavored rice cakes (I like the chocolate ones)

Chewy granola bar
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Almonds, Cocoa Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Natural dried fruit trail mix, Yogi Blueberry Mountain Granola Chips, Popcorn, Raisins, Apples .... and my personal fave ...

Carrot Chip dipped in Whole Foods Honey Roasted Peanut Butter ! AND yes I eat these in my car while driving ... although I am not sure if they could survive the heat of your glovebox ... cause mine barely last til I get to work !!!! :laugh:
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    ~ Almonds, Cocoa Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Natural dried fruit trail mix, Yogi Blueberry Mountain Granola Chips, Popcorn, Raisins, Apples .... and my personal fave ...

Carrot Chip dipped in Whole Foods Honey Roasted Peanut Butter ! AND yes I eat these in my car while driving ... although I am not sure if they could survive the heat of your glovebox ... cause mine barely last til I get to work !!!! :laugh:

Wow! I was going to respond, but I think Laney540 pretty well covered everything. :) Nice response.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    How about oranges? You must have the best, freshest,and most delicious ones in your area! :wink:
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    make your own trail mix with walnuts, healthy cereal, raisins, etc.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Kashi granola/cereal bars.. all kinds.. yummy :)
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great topic! I needed to hear this!
  • Nuttytart2012
    Nuttytart2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You could make some flapjacks, cut right back on the butter and sugar, add a little honey instead - throw in some crushed walnuts, almonds and some dried fruit.
    Make a batch and they will last you throughout the week - healthy and delicious :-)
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You could make some flapjacks, cut right back on the butter and sugar, add a little honey instead - throw in some crushed walnuts, almonds and some dried fruit.
    Make a batch and they will last you throughout the week - healthy and delicious :-)

~ Flapjacks as a snack in the car .... Interesting ! :huh:
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump