I've never seen these movies!

Options

Replies

• twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    You have to see Saving Private Ryan and Pitch Black. Diesel's best pictures.

Best reason to watch Saving Private Ryan..... Vin Diesel dies.

I hope your nuts are rotten. :wink: Hey, most people don't even recognize him in that film.
  • jacksmom35
    jacksmom35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jaws
    any Rocky movies
    any Indiana Jones movies
    anything Star Trek
    etc.!!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen:

Gone with the Wind
    Sound of Music
    All Godfather movies
    The Hunger Games

Just to name a few.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I can't honestly think of any movies I haven't seen.
    I love film & theater..
    Thing is, if I haven't seen it yet.. I will end up watching it. I don't hate any movies.. or shows. I'm weird.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride (Hubby's favorite!)

You haven't seen your husband's favorite movie?

Nope. I have no intention of suffering through 2 hours of something just because someone else likes it. That would be no fun for him. I also wouldn't sit through a country music concert, because I hate country music, which he loves! In my defense though, he would not sit through a TOOL concert or Pantera (If they still played, RIP Dime). He will not watch the horror or odd movies that I prefer, when I watch them. We love each other and our tastes in music or movies has nothing to do with it. We have plenty of other things in common, without that. It's not a bad thing. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add.. He watches that movie at least once a month. It isn't like it will change anything if I am sitting there too. lol I am a music person, he is a movie person. Just like he likes cats, I like dogs.

I had to watch all 10 (before the newest one) Star Trek movies before my husband agreed to marry me.

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.

LOL! Even into the Next Generation, it must be love. ;) So funny. I understand that, though. If something's important to someone I'm close to, I want to know more about it and experience it with an open mind. Likewise, if something's important to me, and they refuse to have anything to do with it? Dealbreaker.

On a slightly different note I'm amazed by how many people here haven't seen The Godfather! Parts 1 and 2 are amaaaaaaaaaaazing.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    OK, I need to add a couple more films to this list, since others have mentioned them:

Gone with the Wind
    The Wizard of Oz
    The Wall

And I guess it also goes without saying that I've never listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon while simultaneously watching The Wizard of Oz, either. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow :smile:
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Jurassic park
    The Godfather
    The matrix
    ANY of Fast and Furious
    Mission Imposible
    Star Wars

The list is endless.... I'm not a massive movie lover
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I had to watch all 10 (before the newest one) Star Trek movies before my husband agreed to marry me.

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.

LOL. You got off easy. He could have included all of the Star Trek television episodes. :P

I would have... plus given a quiz afterwards. Saying you don't like Star Trek is like saying you think orphans deserve what they get. It's a ..."What's wrong with you?" type of thing.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Omg, I have seen EVERY movie that was mentioned on this thread. In fact, I just watched Titanic 3D last night in theaters. I guess I miss the good old days of cinema, since there have been very few (if any) new ideas from Hollywood in the last few years. I do admit the Twilights and Hunger Games may not be for everyone, but how anyone can not like Star Wars, the Godfathers, or Rocky's of the world baffles me!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched a Lars Von Trier movie since Antichrist TRAUMATIZED ME.

The rest of the movies listed in this thread I've seen or in the case of the Hunger Games will see. Really, the book was excellent, if the movie is a third as good, it'll be worth watching. Assuming it's in the same category as Twilight just because it attracts children is kind of silly.

Oh man, the one that apparently shocks people for me is "Almost Famous". I wont watch it. I hate music-related-movies-with-drugs-and-pop-culture. Boo. Hiss. Boo.
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    All the Star Wars movies.
    Transformers. Saw the first one and it was horrible so i would not see the rest.
    ummm.... i dont like jim carry so i avoid all of his comedies. The dramas are ok though.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I still haven't seen Titanic...
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched a Lars Von Trier movie since Antichrist TRAUMATIZED ME.

I haven't seen that one, but I may have to rent it. After you mentioned Von Trier, I looked him up, and the only film of his I've seen is Breaking the Waves, but that was many years ago.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

That's 10.

10 movies of geek speak.

15-20 hours of my life.

LOL. You got off easy. He could have included all of the Star Trek television episodes. :P

I would have... plus given a quiz afterwards. Saying you don't like Star Trek is like saying you think orphans deserve what they get. It's a ..."What's wrong with you?" type of thing.

Forcing someone to watch all of the Star Trek movies can be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. He should have at least let her use the even rule.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Scarface (this one drives my husband CRAZY)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I love Pixar movies! There are a lot of movies that I haven't seen, especially older ones. Oh well.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    As someone who has loved movies their entire life, some of these are literally jaw dropping.
    You guys don't know what you're missing!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    The whole Hunger Games phenomenon has reminded me that I have a long-running "streak" of sorts: I have avoided all of the top-grossing movies of the past 20+ years. Here's a list of movies that I HAVEN'T seen and have no intention of seeing:

The Hunger Games
    Any of the Twilight movies
    Any of the Harry Potter movies
    Titanic
    Any of the Jurassic Park movies
    Any Star Wars movie made after 1977
    Any animated movies by Disney or Pixar

Sorry, I'm not just not into the big Hollywood blockbuster. What about you?

Why be closed? Granted most of the films you've listed aren't masterpieces but just because a story follows the Hollywood formula, or is seen by lots of people, is a commercial success - doesn't automatically make it unworthwhile.

Avatar, for example, is fairly straightforward in terms of story, you can see where it's heading within the first act, but it's also the sort of thing that was designed to make full use of the canvas on a big screen, visually it is a stunning piece of work.

I love large format impact movies, and I like modest, character driven productions, and independent films that don't follow all of the Hollywood norms, or stories that are non-linear but stll work - 'Memento' eg, what a feat that was to pull off successfully.

Cinema is a bit like eating for me in the respect that I much prefer a balanced diet. The Harry Potter films are full of craftsmanship even if you don't like the content - a bit of that, an indulgence of Lawrence of Arabia, an occasional helping of Amelie, and liberal amounts of my favourite directors is what it's all about really.

• Crystalball78
    Options
    Not even Saving Private Ryan? Like who hasn't seen that movie?! It's one of the greatest movies ever!

Add that to my list. I hate Tom Hanks. Ever since Forrest Gump won the Best Picture Oscar over Pulp Fiction in '94, I've refused to see anything with Tom Hanks in it!

It's funny you said that because I have never seen Pulp Fiction and all my friends are amazed by this fact.