1200 cal/day friends

Options
2»

Replies

• emilyfrappier
    Options
    I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day. Although I am about to begin a new workout routine so I might start eating a little bit more :P I'll add you!! :)
  • lovesparks4life8
    Options
    Eating under calories is not healthy and actually can slow down your metabolism. I have done the same thing, and it is actually harder to lose weight rather than easier. So I hope that you start eating a minimum of 1200 a day, because once I started doing that, I started to lose weight. However, when I didn't I gained weight. I am a very active person and exercise 7 days a week for over an hour a day, so I hope this will help. =)
  • Tlr0721
    Tlr0721 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have only been on here for a week and I have already lost 4 pounds. I am so excited! I never knew that a place like this could give you so much motivation. Just a few hints that I have already learned. Open your food diary so that people can see what you are eating. (It is the biggest incentive for me, because my friends on here can see and I want to do good on my eating because of it) I went through others food diaries and got alot of ideas on what to eat. I eat pretty simple and I am also eating 1200 calories per day. Add me as a friend and you can check out my food diary. I learned that Aldi's is my favorite grocery store now. They have alot of Fit and Active brand foods and it is not a big store so I do over buy or buy the wrong types of foods. It is really cheap too!! Do you have an Aldi's near you? Good luck on your journey!!!! Add me as a friend and we will keep each other on track. I want to lose 30 more pounds.
  • mwheatonchaston
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just joined last Monday and am on 1200 cal/day. So far so good! I haven't been doing great with the exercise but sticking to the calorie guideline. I have 40 lbs to lose and intent to achieve this goal before the fall. Add me if you wish...can't have too many friends.
    M
  • julsis
    julsis Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm also doing 1200 a day and its not that hard.
    Its all about portions I still eat what I want.
    I'm 5'6 and 134 aiming for 117-120

I'll add you as a friend (:
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just turned 27 a few weeks ago and my mfg target is 1260 cal a day. I usually eat 1/2 of my exercise calories back. I purchased a HRM last month and love it so enjoy yours when you get it. I'll add you.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want! I'm 23, and eat 1200 calories/day. I've been doing that for the past year, and have lost about 50 lbs. :-)
  • HayleeWho11
    Options
    Im 15 and been on it off and on for the past 8 months because i struggle with my weight. I do about 1200/1350. i have lost about 2 pounds since i started up again a few days ago but I also can drop weight easily.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old and my goal is 1200 although my fitness pal says my goal should be like 1860. I don't exercise on a regular basis...it's more on the weekends. feel free to add me as a friend. I could always use the support! :)
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. on 1200/day. it's all in what you eat. I try to pack a lot of protein to make me feel full. it's working. I've lost 26 lbs since Jan 6!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and 5'0" and my suggested diet to lose weight is 1,200 calories a day! Add me!
  • FootballMum3Boyz
    FootballMum3Boyz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to mfp and just downloaded the app today. I kinda just jumped in not prepared so went over on my daily limit. I've been getting help from my dr since January of this year. I started at 260 and now down too 241. I have two young boys who are picky eaters and a husband that works over night so meal times are pretty random. Im trying too start doing more and getting out of the house more productive. Not many friends and none with kids the same age as mine here where I am so I'm looking forward too meeting new people. Opinions and advice is always welcome and I'm always open for new ideas. I need more motivation and I'm ready to kick it in gear more so for my health and for my family. Feel free too add me :flowerforyou:

I just started on March 5 and have since lost 22.4 pounds. I am on a 1000 calories a day diet. I also have 2 very picky boys and a very picky husband that also works night.
  • mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 25, 5'5"-ish and looking to lose another 10-15 lbs! I try to stay between 1200-1350 even when working out. Should I be eating more after working out? I'm not really seeing any progress so I'm willing to try something new. I've been on p90x and feel a little stronger and know the scale may not move but inches could be lost so I'm hoping for that :) Add me if you'd like a new friend! I'll definitely try to help motivate
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm on 1200 cals a day and would love friends with similar calorie goals. i'm 29, 5'0", i've lost 25 lbs and i still have over 80 lbs to lose. feel free to add me :)
  • jess__bat
    jess__bat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. I'm also 24, 5'8" I started off on 1200 a day, but couldn't maintain. I recently bumped it up to 1500, but some days I strive for only 1200.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    hi im 1644 30 5'6 love 2 b friends
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 24 year old mom of 1 :) I'm 5'1" and I am set to eat about 1200 calories! This past week i've been struggling but I would love more friends especially with open diaries so I can get some food/snack ideas.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    My intake is set at 1200. Feel free to add me!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 37- but age is just a number, right?

I eat 1100- 1300 calories a day and workout everyday.
    I am 5ft 2 and still have about 100 pounds left to lose.

I can honestly say that I feel so much better on 1200 calories than I ever did eating 4,000 plus calories a day.
    I don't have indigestion anymore, no trouble sleeping, and my depression is easing quite a bit.
    I also make sure and drink 10 glasses of water day, which makes me feel full.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1200 cals a day and will be 24 soon! I have been with MFP for over a year now and have dropped from 165-126 pounds, and from a size 12 to a size 2! add me if you'd like!