Recipes - Breakfast

Options
saraann4
saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
Ok, I am looking for a variety in my breakfast choices. I have been eating Special K w/ Red Berries cereal. I recenty switched to Cherrios Multi-grain which I like better but I hate cereal. Actually, I mostly hate milk. I recently went shopping and have incorporated some ideas from other people. I bought eggs, english muffins (which I think are like 80-100 calories), weight watchers southwest blend shredded cheese (1/3 cup a serving for like 80 cal), and turkey bacon. Need some ideas on a satisfying breakfast. Tomorrow, I plan on buying some laughing cow cheese and some salsa. .. Anybody have ideas on a good breakfast under 400 calories?

Replies

• bttfly87
    bttfly87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Gotta luv WeightControl instant oatmeal pkgs. About 160cals each, and have a nice mix of protein & fiber to keep you going. Add some fruit and cottage cheese for a nice bkft (around 400...)
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    Every week day morning I toast a light english muffin, spread on a weight watchers cream cheese single and sugar free grape jelly. only 170 calories and always yummy.
  • jodibethG
    jodibethG Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My current favorite right now: whole wheat waffle topped with part-skim ricotta cheese and 1/2 tbs honey drizzled over the top. I sometimes top it with fresh fruit too (strawberries, bananas, or mango). Delicious and very low calorie.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

Sometimes I like to beat an egg with a fork, then spray a small bowl with canola oil spray and pour the egg into it. Sprinkle with pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds and you have a great little egg-patty you can put on an English muffin. I like to add diced red and green pepper (sometimes a bit of diced jalapeno) to the egg before microwaving.
    Having this as a breakfast sandwich with a piece of turkey bacon or lean ham can be very filling and flavorful.

If I'm really in a rush and don't have time to cook ANYTHING I find that a light string cheese (stringing is optional- most of the time I just bite it), a piece of fruit, and a hand full of nuts will keep me going until lunch time.
  • klwgrace1
    Options
    How about eggo waffles and cream cheese?
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    I like bisquck buttermilk whole grain pancakes with Mrs Buttersworth sugarfree syrup. You get three pancakes yummy! I also like lenders everything bagel thins with egg and cheese. For cereal I buy honey nut chex and silk almond milk. So good! I also use the chex to put in my Dannon lite and fit vanilla lowfat yogurt for a snack. Hope this helps:)
  • whitfka
    whitfka Posts: 1
    Options
    Eggwhite omelette is awesome an full of protein an very low cal! I've been doing like 5 eggwhites spinach green pepper, cherry tomatoe chopped an feta! It is so good even my kids love it! an usually have a 1/2 of english muffin with alittle pbutter!
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is

2 eggs scrambled with sauteed veggies & a yogurt cup

2 whole eggs 203 cal
    1/4 to 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper 6-12 cal
    big handful of spinach 7 cal
    3 medium mushrooms 12 cal
    turkey pepperoni 17 slices diced up 70 cal
    parmesan cheese 1 tbsp 21 cal
    Danon light & fit 6 oz. cup 80 cal

Total: 399

If I know that I'm going to have a big workout later that day I will add a piece of 45 calorie bread and maybe some kalamata olives to the scramble. Sometimes I'll take out the turkey pepperoni and add 1/3 cup of weight watchers cheese. Sometimes I'll add taco sauce(20 cals) to the whole thing if I want it a bit spicy.

I also really like Quaker 1 minute oats. 1/2 cup dry....add 1 cup water and microwave for 2 minutes. (150 cals) Add a little sweetener and stir. Add a cup of strawberries to it (53 cals) and 3/4 cup blueberries (94 cals) or a banana (105 cals) sliced up with the strawberries and also have a yogurt (80 cals).

Total: 377-388 (depending on whether you do blueberries or the banana)

You could always do 2 eggs scrambled (203 cals) with turkey bacon (3 slices 105 cals) and a banana (105 cals)

Total: 413