Do you have a physical piece of motivation?

Options

Replies

• emfross
    emfross Posts: 6
    Options
    has anyone used a belt as that piece? Just found one I bought super cheap boxing day and it only goes to the first hole. I'm thinking this couldbe really good in seeing that progress

I've been keeping a leopard print belt that I bought when I was 16. I want to wear it again!
  • suzcain
    suzcain Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A Calvin Klein size 4 dress. Because ol' Clavin hasn't been as fogiving in his sizes as other deigners/brands have gotten. I used to be a size 16W - and I'm 5' tall. Once I started getting close, I started going to the store about once a month to try on one of the CK dresses. Today I was able to zip it up. It's still a little snug, but I bought it and it will hang in the closet until I drop these last 5 lbs and it fits perfectly. :o)
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Does a frenemy count?

I like the ribbon & belt ideas.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a mannequin torso that hangs on my bedroom wall. I keep a dress or top on it that I want to wear when I reach my weight loss goal. I change the article of clothing around, just to remind me of all the lovely, new items I will be able to wear when I am thin.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I dont have any items of clothes etc. but I have used this pic. since day one for motivation.
    zzzzzzzi.jpg
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that are hanging on the door of my closet that I am bound and determined to fit into by fall!!! The best motivation for me is that every week I try them on to see where I am at!!! It makes me push myself at the gym knowing those jeans are waiting for me to wear in the fall!!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am actually in the process of crocheting me a bikini...so as of now, yarn is my physical piece of motivation :laugh:
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    I have ribbons on my door, labeled "Waist", "hips", "neck", "thighs", etc... measurements from about 15 lbs ago, and occasionally I pull it off the door and hold it up to my body and remind myself that I'm not going to just go and give up all this hard work I've put in to get this far!

It's not a "goal" motivation, but more of a... "You got this far, now don't ruin it." type of motivation. xD
  • Jonsgrl1612
    Options
    my favorite pair of jeans that i havent been able to get past my thighs in three years! those are my main motivation, also to be able to wear a bikini without feeling giant would be nice :smile:
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of jeans from high school that i WILL fit into again someday. I also go to the mall and browse at my favorite store (Costa Blanca!) and promise myself a shopping spree when I reach my goal size :D Most of their clothes are not flattering for someone with lovehandles and a tummy like mine haha
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Kind of different, but back in college I used to put a little mark on my hand with pen so that i would see it any time I was reaching for a snack or something. A little reminder. Hah. Now I wear a cute ring on my snacking hand. :P
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have ribbons on my door, labeled "Waist", "hips", "neck", "thighs", etc... measurements from about 15 lbs ago, and occasionally I pull it off the door and hold it up to my body and remind myself that I'm not going to just go and give up all this hard work I've put in to get this far!

It's not a "goal" motivation, but more of a... "You got this far, now don't ruin it." type of motivation. xD

thats such a good idea!!!

as for me, i want to be a size 6 again, like i was during my freshman/sophomore year of hs.
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Does a frenemy count?

Haha. Love it. :D
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I had a belt that was my size, now I can no longer wear it because it's too small :) goodbye size 38, hello size 36!
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My $500 Rachel Roy Dress & My J Brand Jeans!
  • andro12
    andro12 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have my wedding dress... I could only find it one size smaller.... but I am definitely going to fit into it by August!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Some size 9 jeans I snagged at a yard sale early last year. LOL I grabbed them for my teenage son, not realizing they were women's jeans. (smartness!)

When I realized my mistake I kept them around and dreamed of getting into them. Back then I jokingly tried them on and couldn't get them past my knees. This morning they were an inch from buttoning. :)

Almost there!

(which means it's time to find new goal jeans...)
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    A suit with 34 pants and 40 jacket.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a sexy size 4 dress that I wore after reaching my goal. I try it on to make sure it still fits. It helps me maintain.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I mostly just watch Video's to give me some moto.
    I get chills everytime i watch this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbXeYbltNk&feature=g-user-lik&context=G271575dUCGXQYbcTJ33ZC52QrP2_X2rr-BYwJcE-s_La5C1ac174

Motivating video. That brings back a lot of memories!