peanut butter & cheese sandwiches

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
who eats 'em?

(I know I can't be the only one here that does ... )

Replies

• Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Dunno about peanut butter and cheese but I love peanut butter and mayo sandwiches... I might try your idea since I have to tell everyone no to knock mine till they try it.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread anymore, but I love pb and cheese!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I've never tried this combo, though I'm pretty fond of cheese and Vegemite or PB and jam, or cheese and jam.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

yeah! I'm not alone!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

yeah! I'm not alone!

I don't think that counts... no bread means it's not a sandwich...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My brother did that growing up and I thought it was gross. I tried it one day and was not impressed. Then I went into this time that I wasn't eating much meat and was adjusting my diet to a different set of grocery store items (living in Poland), and suddenly I started craving them. For like two months that was my lunch and snack. Came back to a normal diet and I haven't even thought about them since. I think it was an amino acid thing or something...
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options

yeah! I'm not alone!

Well when I ate bread I ate MANY a pb and cheese sandwich.

Better? ;)
  • tsh0ck
    Options

yeah! I'm not alone!

BUT ... it's been heard of, eaten and loved. it counts.
  • lombrica
    Options

yeah! I'm not alone!

Well when I ate bread I ate MANY a pb and cheese sandwich.

Better? ;)

For his argument... yeah, but not for mine! LOL. I thought you meant that you just ate pb & c... not a pb&c sandwich...

No matter... apparently others have had the sandwich too... so, my argument is lost.

HOWEVER... I did try this tonight... and, despite some poor directions -- it wasn't so bad after all... LOL. Who knew?!?
  • cuteepi
    cuteepi Posts: 5
    Options
    How about peanut butter and banana sandwiches? I am the only person I've ever met that has ever even considered it!
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How about peanut butter and banana sandwiches? I am the only person I've ever met that has ever even considered it!

Haha really..? Soo many people I know eat pb&banana sandwiches. They're really popular.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

yeah, that's definitely a thing, too. it is far more common than PB&C.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and cheddar is one of my favorite combinations! I love them in a grilled sandwich and also on apple slices popped under the broiler.

...thanks a lot now I want some.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Okay, apparently I'm out of the loop. How does one make this sandwich? What type of cheese? Is it grilled or just assembled and eaten? I like pb and I like cheese but I don't eat sandwiches often... But I DID just buy 40 cal bread...
  • maygans
    Options
    I personally like it grilled because everything gets all melty and delicious. you can just spread peanut butter on bread, put cheese in there, make it a sandwich, butter the outsides (or whatever you do for a grilled cheese) and make it the same way as a grilled cheese. You could also probably just assemble and eat if you wanted to (without heating), all a matter of preference. The flavor combination of peanut butter and cheddar is outstanding, they complement each other well!

Edit: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-cheese-and-peanut-butter-sandwich/ here is a recipe if you need it, it's the same as what I said above though.
  • lombrica
    Options
    I personally like it grilled because everything gets all melty and delicious. you can just spread peanut butter on bread, put cheese in there, make it a sandwich, butter the outsides (or whatever you do for a grilled cheese) and make it the same way as a grilled cheese. You could also probably just assemble and eat if you wanted to (without heating), all a matter of preference. The flavor combination of peanut butter and cheddar is outstanding, they complement each other well!

Edit: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-cheese-and-peanut-butter-sandwich/ here is a recipe if you need it, it's the same as what I said above though.

This actually also has some comments... one of which is using hot sauce or dipping it in hot sauce... Such odd sounding combinations... but, if you are gonna eat a pb&c... why not try some hot sauce too!?? LOL.
  • maygans
    Options
    This actually also has some comments... one of which is using hot sauce or dipping it in hot sauce... Such odd sounding combinations... but, if you are gonna eat a pb&c... why not try some hot sauce too!?? LOL.

My boyfriend really likes peanut butter and jalepeno sandwiches so I get where they are coming from with the hot sauce. I put hot sauce in a peanut sauce I make, they work together!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love PB cheese sandwiches! They're also good with sliced apples.
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    use to eat peanutbutter, cheese, and grapes together.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Have you tired onion-flavored cheese with peanut butter? I was pregnant at the time, but it was heavenly. Now and then I LOVE peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. So good.