2»

Replies

• BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im just praying mine is fat and not all skin :/
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I do think it will come with time.. we don't get to choose where the fat comes off first unfortunately. One thing to keep in mind is sugar, it goes right to the belly.
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    Tell me about it! I hate my belly so much, it's my biggest insecurity! Unfortunately I can't give you any advice other than what you're already doing, but I'll add you as a friend and we can motivate each other? :smile: Keep up the great work! Wishing you all the best!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    So, I've been exercising and dieting for a month or so, my legs are getting muscular and hard as stone, my arms are loosing fat as well, my butt and my face is looking AWESOME!...

But - my belly fat, won't change..... In addition, my breast aren't getting any smaller as well. I've always been muscular and heavy build, but I've always had the "apple" form. This means all my fat is centered around my stomach and breast, which doesn't look feminine or natural at all. I really want to get this fat off...

Shall I just keep exercising like MAD and eat healthy, untill there's no fat to burn on other parts and THEN hope for my stomach fat to burn off as well? or do you guys have any fantastic tips?

Thank you.

That is about all you can do. However, if the problem is more body symmetry than size, you can later lift to maximize muscle in your genetically smaller areas to get the overall look you want.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Bumping for any more suggestions :wink:
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is in no way meant to serve as actual advice, but my personal trainer had me on a diet that cycles carbs, and when I was sticking to it, it seemed to be working (I had actually gotten down to about 13% body fat, as a man). Basically, depending on your goals (lean muscle gain, weight loss, etc) you had a certain number of days that are considered "high carb" days, where you can take in as much as 50g or so of carbs a meal (with 5-6 meals a day), "low carb" days where you'd consume about half that much, and "no carb" days when you don't train or do a lot of physical activity, where you'd have minimal carbs (maybe 50-60g of carbs all day). My advice is, if you have a personal trainer, or are thinking about doing so, be sure and ask them for a diet plan that suits your individual goals, because that's what my trainer did. And it worked, until I got too lazy to cook all the chicken and kangaroo (I'm in Australia, by the way) to go with the salads and such. And yes, I'm still working on getting rid of the belly fat to get some abs shining through.

Stick with it, and you'll start to see the changes, and you'll be blown away.

Thanks for the great advice. I do see the changes, but it seems shining through badly on my cheeks and my arms / legs. I love this lifestyle though, so I won't change it. I'm happy with eating salad and meat as a primary.
    Kangaroo is fantastic, wish I could live from that :)
  • jhop4
    jhop4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shame here seems to go from everywhere else but my stomach. Gonna keep going and maybe trymore sit ups. If anyone has got any advice on how to lose this fat please help !!!!!!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    same here!
  • rjd137
    rjd137 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    awwww, the old belly fat, my number one arch nemesis! I'm with everybody on this form, stomach that has to go, I have no advice for anybody because I just started yesterday, but I do know I want to lose my stomach as well. Just keep working at it I'm sure, overtime maybe just not as quickly as you like.
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    awwww, the old belly fat, my number one arch nemesis! I'm with everybody on this form, stomach that has to go, I have no advice for anybody because I just started yesterday, but I do know I want to lose my stomach as well. Just keep working at it I'm sure, overtime maybe just not as quickly as you like.

Thank you, I know a month isn't the longest, but I just want to be healthy and flat SO BADLY :)....
    Thanks for the reply.
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    I wrote this on another forum as well, now I'm posting it here - since it's my new knowledge and what I found to be good advices and improvements!

I think some of the best advices I got, was to avoid salty foods and drinks loads of water (those effect immidiatly, on a daily basis - but are however small changes)...

In the long run, there's nothing to do about it except for exercise (cardio preferably) and to do some heavy *kitten* crunches - I do both side crunches AND normal crunches. Note, that the strenght exercises DO NOT help your belly getting slimmer, but it will make the structure better when you've burned the fat.

One of my personal advices, is to "rub" your belly with oil or a water-based cream as well and stimulate the skin. I read this on another forum some months ago, that some actually use this for "pushing" the fat around. I know it sounds damn silly - and I'm sure my belly fat isn't going to my *kitten* or legs, but the rubbing is both nice for your skin and it really did stimulate my body for sure. My skin seems a bit tighter and more proportioned as well.

(I'm sorry for my horrible english! :( )
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I currantly use P90X, but have a teamamte that uses Hip Hop Abs and LOVES

Hip Hop Abs®
    Dance your way to flat, sexy abs, without ever doing another sit-up or crunch. Shaun T's calorie-blasting, body-sculpting dance moves let you burn away fat and build a fantastic midsection, just from grooving to some great music.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Same. Lost nearly 3 stone but very little off my stomach... Nearly 1 size in clothes which does not feel a lot for that much weight lost!
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yep same here..my 3 year old jiggles my ' jelly belly'. im down 35 pounds since jan and i see it has got a little smaller but i keep hearing its the last to go! its like its in 2 parts. an upper and lower one!!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    yep same here..my 3 year old jiggles my ' jelly belly'.

When I'm doing star jumps, my 3 year old says, "mummy your belly is jumping" :laugh: :laugh:
  • L33TBl0nde
    Options
    yep same here..my 3 year old jiggles my ' jelly belly'. im down 35 pounds since jan and i see it has got a little smaller but i keep hearing its the last to go! its like its in 2 parts. an upper and lower one!!

Sounds cute though!... Thanks for the repond - I'll keep working!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    This is my belly when I flex it

Bigbelly005.jpg