Nutrition Info Help!

Options
cat_nz
cat_nz Posts: 14 Member
So today I thought I was being so good and healthy choosing this kebab for lunch, had checked the nutrition content and thought I was winning, only 155 calories!

After eating, I considered it a little more, and wondered, is this nutrition information for the CHICKEN only? i.e. not the wrap that would have had *kitten* loads of calories in it as well?

Could someone a bit more nutrition data reading savvy please check it out and let me know?

http://www.originkebabs.com.au/HealthNutrition.aspx

Think I know the answer already though :sad:

Sigh. This is so hard some days!

Replies

• Mnata
    Mnata Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've not seen that product before, but looking on the website it looks like the kebab is 155 calories. However, most kebabs don't have a wrap, so I'm confused where that came from?

Just checked the MFP database - looks like to kebab info does not include the wrap.
  • cat_nz
    Options
    I should have mentioned - a "kebab" here is a doner kebab - gyro type meat / salad inside a wrap. It seems everywhere in the world has different meanings for different foods!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to this, but one thing I noticed is that it has 16.6 g of carbohydrate - the chicken alone wouldn't have that, surely?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    For the whole thing because of the carbs.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    is it really only 100g? seems quite small/light for a kebab...
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, chicken doesn't have carbs. It's all protein and fat.
    Each gram of protein and carbs bares around 4 calories, fat gives around 9 calories.

My browser isn't loading the nutrition information on the site but eh, hope that gives some clarification at least. 155 calories for a kebab seems very little.

Edit^ seeing the above post, 100g of pure chicken gives about 130 calories..soo...yep, not considering sauce or anything? Don't think it's right.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Kebab contains :
    bread : I'd say 350 calories for the size of it
    Letuce / tomatoes/ oinion/ sausage : 100 calories tops
    French fries with cooking oil : I'd say 400 calories, depening on the size
    Meat (again with oil) : I'd say 300 calories

That would mean 1050 calories - that wouldn't even surprise me :)
    for the macros, I'd say (I'm not sure at all ahah) : 70 g of fat, 300/ 400 g of carbs/ not sure for the proteins maybe 50 g ?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Are these things small? I can't think in metric, what is 100g =(

Unfortunately chicken alone can have carbs because of the marinade.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It doesn't include the wrap. If you go on any of their products and click see nutrition facts it brings you back to the chicken and lamb, so I would say it's just the meat. But one day of freedom eating won't hurt you :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    It doesn't include the wrap. If you go on any of their products and click see nutrition facts it brings you back to the chicken and lamb, so I would say it's just the meat. But one day of freedom eating won't hurt you :)

^^^^^this
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump to research
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    TRY THIS: ..... chicken gyro wrap OR .... Nutrition Facts
    EDIT
    East Side Pockets - Lamb & Chicken Gyro (Wheat Wrap, No Taziki Sauce)
  • cat_nz
    Options
    Thanks for all the help...I have tried logging it as best I can (and not with the calories on the website cos that felt like cheating!) I now know for the future to read the nutrition details a bit more carefully!
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If it is packaged with everything I would say it is for the whole thing just based on the website info. If it comes packaged all together then it should be 154 calories per package.