I just ran a half marathon!!!!

Options

Replies

• islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I started running a few month ago and I hope to do my first half in October...you're really an inspiration!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well done! You're an true INSPIRATION!!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Good on you - and great time! WTG :)
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!!! Thanks for being an insperation!! Keep up the great work!!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations on your completion and your sub 2:00 finish! That is quite an achievement and we are all proud of you!

I also started running in November and my first half is 2 weeks away! I am so excited! I am shooting for a 2:10 finish... I have some work to go and hope that a taper in my running over the next 2 weeks will help get another 3 minutes off my time.

Congratulations again!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    How awesome, you're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...fantastic time...would love to hear your training tips..Im determined to do a half marathon this year
  • runwithmike
    runwithmike Posts: 173
    Options
    Great run and many more to come. Way to show off the bling.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement - well done. I recently started running as well (in Feb) and can now comfortably do 6km. I used C25K to get there as I needed some structure for my training but I totally agree that being motivated is the key to succeeding. My first race is 5km Race for Life for Cancer Research UK on 6th May. I might try 10km after that!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am super-impressed!
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I've been where you are. Congratulations on finishing your first!! Finishing my first was one of the most thrilling experiences I have had. I remember laughing uncontrollably as I crossed the finish line. Couldn't believe I did it. :-) Time to celebrate!! And hydrate!!!
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AMAZING !!

it is also something I would like to accomplish one day :)
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    You are 13.1 miles (21 kilometers) stronger today!!
    And SUB 2:00!! !!! (: (:
    Cheers!!
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Rock star!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Wow, great job, that's an incredible time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing my first half in 13 days. I hope mine goes as well!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That is FABULOUS! Your first and a sub 2? WOW! I'll be doing my fourth at Notre Dame in South Bend IN on June 2 and I am hoping to get under 3.

For those of you that are just starting out, get the training in, hydrate, have the small energy boosting things for in the middle and go for it. More and more half marathons are making room for those who walk good parts of the way, or who run slower. It is a major feat no matter what speed you run at - the winning comes from crossing that finish line.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    What a great post. Congratulations! And well done.
  • sazzlewilson
    Options
    Congratulations Brooke and what a great time! My first 1/2 marathon is not until August, so I will be battling the cold mornings with you! What an amazing achievement, well done!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Lovely! You are an inspiration. Had a reality check on my running ability today. But after reading your today I will buck up again.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Brooke, I'm so proud of you! Through all those obstacles (and a pharmacist's incredulity), you powered through! You deserve to celebrate - you've worked so hard! You are such a great motivator for so many people on here and we're all celebrating with you this weekend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!