From Pregnancy to Now (pics)

Options
lifeskittles
lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
So I decided to finally post my before and afters.... I gained 85lbs with my son... I weighed 158 when I got pregnant and right after I had the baby I weighed myself at 219...

This is me pregnant.... AT 245ish
11061_178015282973_647097973_2854542_4179717_n.jpg

This picture is One month after the baby on my 21st birthday february 2010...at 219...so embarrassing
19169_1384242406512_1245564788_31151954_7828388_n.jpg

and this is me at 145 for my 23rd birthday this year in february
8027116_5939.jpg

I was embarrassed about the before pictures but I was hoping this might help inspire some mothers who gained a lot of weight and are trying to get it off! You can do it! :)

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing transformation!!! You look great!! Well done :)
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! I never had weight-management problems before motherhood, but now, and my oldest is 14, I cannot seem to get it under control. do you have any tips?
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done u look fantastic
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Great work!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job on the weight loss!
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    you look fantastic! I never had weight-management problems before motherhood, but now, and my oldest is 14, I cannot seem to get it under control. do you have any tips?

I used to be slightly over weight by about 10 lbs or so, not huge or anything but I've always found that strength training has been the secret to success...I could spend weeks doing 60 minutes on the treadmill busting my butt every day and not notice a change and then I started doing just 15 minutes of interval training every other day along with about 45 min of heavy strength training...and I knoticed results MUCH faster...especially in my mummy tummy area...I also notice if I stay away from refined carbs (bread and pasta) my appetite stays under control...If I eat any carbs in the AM I've basically wreaked havoc on my day and crave bread and sweets all day :)
  • mkgirl
    mkgirl Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow that is awesome! good work! you look great!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    doing a great job, keep up the awesome work :)
  • ozo27
    ozo27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I used to be slightly over weight by about 10 lbs or so, not huge or anything but I've always found that strength training has been the secret to success...I could spend weeks doing 60 minutes on the treadmill busting my butt every day and not notice a change and then I started doing just 15 minutes of interval training every other day along with about 45 min of heavy strength training...and I knoticed results MUCH faster...especially in my mummy tummy area...I also notice if I stay away from refined carbs (bread and pasta) my appetite stays under control...If I eat any carbs in the AM I've basically wreaked havoc on my day and crave bread and sweets all day :)

Wow awesome congratulations!!! Can you please explain exactly what you do in your 15 minutes of interval training? Thanks
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    Thank you guys feel free to add me :D
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Wow! Absolutely amazing! You look great, good for you!
  • lifeskittles
    Options

Wow awesome congratulations!!! Can you please explain exactly what you do in your 15 minutes of interval training? Thanks

Yes! I do a warm up jog for about 3 minutes ( for me on 5.8-6.0 speed) Then I do a hard sprint on 9.3 speed for 25 seconds followed by 60-75 seconds of jogging (5.3-5.5 for me) then back to hard sprint and recovery jog and so forth for 15 minutes. There are other ways to do it with a hrm doing circuit training that I do sometimes but that is what I usually do because I really like to sprint. Sometimes I get crazy and add incline...haha

(this is on the treadmill btw)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you're AMAZING!
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous dear, you must proud not ashamed!!

Good work :D
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspriation! Thank you for posting! Congrats!! Blessings!! <><
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fabulous!
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    I just know how discouraging it gets and I want mommys to know that it can be done!! I'm still working on getting a flat tummy but I know it can happen! And I had a huge amount of slack skin that is tightening...So don't get discouraged if you have slack skin...Its been 2 years since my baby and the more I strength train the more the fat in between the skin folds starts to go away! Making it easier for the skin to tighten back the way it was
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations, you look great :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!