Looking for buddies born in the '50's

Options
2»

Replies

• dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dot and I was born in 1950 so I'll 62 in July. I quit smoking and gained 50 lbs. I have never been this weight before. I knew my clothes were getting really tight and I bought some new ones thinking I would lose this weight as soon as my body adjusted to my not smoking. Well I was in Macys and thought I should buy a scale because they were on sale. I jumped on the scale and almost fell off when I saw how much I weighed. I saw this on the internet and deceided to join. I need some friends so I don;t feel all alone doing this. ANYONE who wants to be my friend....just add me. I will support you and be thankful for any suggestions.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can friend me -- I'll be 60 in May, just started two weeks ago on this site -- want to lose about 50 lbs.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am a 57yr old Texas gal and would love to be friends. I have been to your home town and love it. Hubby is retiring soon and hope to travel again to your fair city. Maybe we can meet up in a year or so and HIKE!. Let's help each other get healthy.
  • blazingbabe
    blazingbabe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal. I will be 57 in fours days. :smile: Feel free to friend me. I want to loss 40lbs.
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just starting here. Am 54. Great to see some people my age to do this journey with. I gained, due to health issues (couldn't walk for a number of years), but finally had surgery & went back to work, so trying to lose this mess.

Please friend me :)

BTW: I am using the Striiv pedometer, its gotten my to walk at least 1/3 more (not much but it helps cuz its fun). I also have the fitbit & Jawbone wrist thingie, but not as much fun as you can't immediately get feedback (no screen on device) & they don't have little games or challenges to play (yes I like computer games, lol :) )