a slow progress with pictures!

Options
veromancha
veromancha Posts: 158 Member
It’s been a long Journey! I have been on this yo-yo dieting wagon for the longest time! The first picture was taken almost two years ago in November 2010! I was at my highest at around 175ish lbs (not the highest in my life because in high school I was around 200lbs I just can’t find any pictures to compare). I started MFP in 2011 eating around 1200 calories or less, needless to say I could not sustain that calorie intake, I felt miserable and hungry all the time, so of course once I started eating I ballooned back up to around 172 that’s the second image taken last year in December 2011. I started MFP back up again and discovered posts where people were eating to lose, so I joined in on the fun! And since then I’m back down to about 161lbs. I know it’s a slow journey and so I will not focus on fast weight loss but a slow and steady journey that will last a lifetime. I just recently started training for a half marathon that will take place this November and I am super excited!! It will me my first and I can’t wait to see how my body changes. Stay focused my friends! Results will come in time! And super thanks to all MFP’s they are so inspiring and motivating! They keep me going!!

048-1-1.jpg

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Great job :)
  • veromancha
    Options
    I had to resize it but it should work! thanks!
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've got it cracked this time :wink:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Way to go! I think slow is the way to do it. I've gained and lost 35-50lbs so many times in my life. This time, doing it slowly, I truly feel like it will be sustainable since I'm changing my attitude & lifestyle instead of just dieting. The big changes take way more time, but from everything I've seen/read, they last longer. Congratulations!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Slow and steady will get you where you want to go. Keep up the good work.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    awesome, keep it up girl u look great! It is a patient thing to lose weight but if we stick to it, results will come. congrats on ur success so far.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    One day at a time ... i used look back and said if i had started losing weight how much do i think i would have lost..now i can look back and see 32 lbs gone
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :smile: Awesome!!! Looking great!!!!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Keep up the good work. For me, it took 10 years to put on this weight, so I know the healthy way to take it off is slow and steady. :-)
  • kevsprincess
    Options
    You look wonderful! Awesome job!! Keep going. Your attitude is great!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work! x
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job...and good advice! Make it sustainable and stay focused!!!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Way to go!
  • veromancha
    Options
    You look fantastic. Keep up the good work. For me, it took 10 years to put on this weight, so I know the healthy way to take it off is slow and steady. :-)
    My husband tells me the same thing!! Thanks!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING!! Proud of you :)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    You look great!! Slow & steady is the way to go : )
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, so fit!! Great job! :happy:
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    Great job, it is a slow and steady process, we fail but we don't give up!!!! I would like to run in a 5k this year, keep up the good work and I'm sure you can make it in the race!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!