totally irritated....

Options
crysy1
crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
I am beginning to get irritated by those who are constantly quoting the "no vulgar, explicit, etc photos" to women who are in tasteful bikinis. or tasteful completely covered bra and panties pictures. These women just want to show off there hard earned success. If they were topless or nude or just covering things with hands it would be a different story. but if they are in clothing that you would see on a beach or at a pool. people need to lighten up. If your not commenting on the persons success or accomplishment. or showing support..THEN DO NOT COMMENT. we are all adults here. if you find something offensive. close the page and dont go back in easy as pie. these people are posting for support or to give encouragement which we all need on our long battles. sorry to post this but i have been noticing these type of comments alot more recently. and it is frustrating to me who is no where near bikini photo ready but when i get there you bet you bottom dollar im gonna show off my success!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• samanthanic0le
    samanthanic0le Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amen. Some people just like to complain, simple. :P
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    stupid isnt it, nowt wrong with a woman just wearing her underwear :flowerforyou:
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. :happy:
  • angelique_inspiration
    Options
    Amen to that!!!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    blahhh blahhh blahh ... talk to the techs ... they make the rules ... have a GREAT day!
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    I totally agree.
  • ukjake3
    ukjake3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agreed! When I get a bit more in shape, i'm going to be taking some pics. Probably not in a bikini....will never be able to pull that one off!
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I agree completely. If I ever get to that point, I'll be showing off my hard work as well! It's something to be proud of...I've noticed a lot of people that seem to like to just make a comment that is not necessary. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    blahhh blahhh blahh ... talk to the techs ... they make the rules ... have a GREAT day!

Well, that was a mature reply...
  • ChelleDT
    ChelleDT Posts: 23
    Options
    I think I have to agree. Many women would want to take before, during and after photos ... to record a visual tracker of what their bellies, body fat, etc, looked like & if they are having success. With some body image morphic disorder (not sure if i'm saying that right), Looking at a photo of the body, can me less self damaging/judgeing than looking at a mirror image.

Congrats to those who have the guts to track their success this way!. I for one would need to lose at least (least) 35 pounds before I felt comfortable enough to show my belly.
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    AMEN!!!! If I wanna show what I have earned eventually I may as well stand naked if I'm proud of myself! haha
  • OwloftheFuture
    OwloftheFuture Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Those rules should be changed! There is nothing wrong with showing off your hard work.
  • fitby38
    Options

thank you!! thought so myself
  • LDunzweiler
    Options
    It could be the ones complaining that haven't come close to a goal where they are comfortable to show off what they have achieved! If I don't want to look at a pic...I just keep on scrolling! LOL!
  • VintageDisaster
    Options

Saying ''Have a great day'' does not excuse the rudeness of your reply. You should be inspired by pictures such as the one posted by the OP in the abs thread, instead of being jealous.

Haters gonna hate. You're the living proof of it...
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I just think it's kind of ironic that one of your profile pics has a woman wearing a bra and underwear.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to get irritated by those who are constantly quoting the "no vulgar, explicit, etc photos" to women who are in tasteful bikinis. or tasteful completely covered bra and panties pictures. These women just want to show off there hard earned success. If they were topless or nude or just covering things with hands it would be a different story. but if they are in clothing that you would see on a beach or at a pool. people need to lighten up. If your not commenting on the persons success or accomplishment. or showing support..THEN DO NOT COMMENT. we are all adults here. if you find something offensive. close the page and dont go back in easy as pie. these people are posting for support or to give encouragement which we all need on our long battles. sorry to post this but i have been noticing these type of comments alot more recently. and it is frustrating to me who is no where near bikini photo ready but when i get there you bet you bottom dollar im gonna show off my success!!!!!!!!!!!

^^like!!

I've been noticing it a lot lately as well, and what's funny is that these people are making the posts, but the actual site moderators don't care if you post your photos in a tasteful bikini (or in a bra and underwear that covers like a bikini and is not see through or anything for that matter) ah well, I think everyone looks great!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I saw the post you're referring too - if the bottoms matched the bra it would have looked like a bikini and nothing would have been said since bikinis are allowed. Funny how they can show more than underwear!!! LOL Some people have far too much time on their hands I reckon!!
  • fitby38
    Options
    Those rules should be changed! There is nothing wrong with showing off your hard work.

didnt say it was anything wrong with it and maybe the rule should be changed. i told the OP she looked great!! ... and then quoted the rules. but i love how the focus went to my posting the RULES ... i didnt write them
  • fitby38
    Options

I just think it's kind of ironic that one of your profile pics has a woman wearing a bra and underwear.

glad you loved it ... look again though ... and that is NOT my profile pic ... thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!