night snacking

Options
does anyone have a cut off time for eating just wondering

Replies

• Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I normally stop eating around 9:00pm, which tends to be hard as I work night shifts on a computer. If I eat anything after 9:00pm it is typically some sort of fruit or a light yogurt.
  • luvjaa
    luvjaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to not eat anything else after dinner but if I'm under calories and I'm hungry I don't care what time it is.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I intermittent fast so 10pm is it.
    I'll resume at 2pm the next day.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up in to the early hours of the morning so I do tend to snack quite late as well because otherwise I'd just be really hungry and then not able to sleep.
  • whenstars
    whenstars Posts: 27
    Options
    I tried to stop eating at night time but I just can't seem to do it! :( Now I just make sure I save calories for it.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Since I work nights, I eat mainly at night. However bedtime is 8am. My last thing is usually between 3am and 4am. then it's just water.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I eat right up to bed, though I do watch WHAT I eat because I have had heartburn in the past.

There is no reason to not eat if you have the calories. It is a myth that you will gain if you eat too late and then go to bed. If you are hungry and have calories, then eat them.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I eat right up to bed, though I do watch WHAT I eat because I have had heartburn in the past.

There is no reason to not eat if you have the calories. It is a myth that you will gain if you eat too late and then go to bed. If you are hungry and have calories, then eat them.

Heartburn is why I stop. I've found I sleep better when I don't eat those few hours before bed!
  • marcelino250
    Options
    I try to not take in any sugar the best I can after 7. Being a diabetic it is not good to go to sleep with high sugar levels. Plus those insulin spikes really make your body retain fat. I also try not to eat any thing at all past seven or after dinner. If I do it's usually water and almonds.
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
    thanks everyone marcelino my father was diabetic and he never ate after 6pm thats why i was asking i generally do eat a late snack yogurt almonds or italian ice but was wondering what everyone else was doing and get some more ideas
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    I usually stay up till 11/12am since the kiddos don't go to bed until around 9 (and mommy needs her alone time!) I just save my calories because I absolutely can not go to bed hungry.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time. Generally every 2-3 hrs between 6am-midnight. It is not completely uncommon for me to get up and drink a glass of milk in the wee hours. I have always been like this and weighed 97lbs from my teen years.I'm currently trying to gain so now I'm just eating bigger portions all the time. I usually try to space out my meals and snack to an average of 300cals.

Meg