what are your favorite low calorie fast foods?

Options
I often need to grab fast food. What foods has everyone found to be low calorie at common fast food restaurants? I saw that steak soft tacos fresco style are only 150 from Taco bell. Other suggestions like this appreciated, please don't suggest to bring snacks, food from home.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Mcdonalds - Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad (No Dressing), 335 g (1 reg salad) 290 calories tends to be a favorite when I have to go out. I try to stick with salads with no dressing or grilled chicken when I have to have fast food. Though I do like yogurt parfaits which aren't that bad. I love Subway for fast food too, lots of things that you can get that aren't to high in calories.

Also with a lot of places you can either replace or eliminate items on foods (it doesn't change the cost but it will affect the calories). So if you have to have say Burger King and you don't want chicken try to get something with veggies on it without the mayo or a Big Mac without special sauce if you're going to McDonald's.

Don't know why you have to get fast food but I find that if I know that I have to eat while I'm out and have time I make a meal to take with me, like carrot and celery sticks, a chicken wrap or lean meat sandwich and a bottle of water.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    hehe, what do you consider low calorie =)

supposedly the mcdouble isn't bad.

i love my spicy chicken sandwich at wendy's but it's about 410 (which I think is low =P)
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The Fresco menu from Taco Bell :)
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce. Good protein :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am envious...I can't at this point go into a fast food establishment.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The McChicken from McDonalds without the mayo isn't bad. But I would shoot for subway, load up the veggies!!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Subway roasted chicken salad and Jimmy John's unwiches. Sodium is high so just use these as occasional treats.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Chive and butter baked potato, small chili and side salad from Wendy's with an ice tea. I don't know the exact calories that adds up to right now but I had that a while back and I remember being very pleasantly surprised. And I wasn't hungry an hour later like I am when I just get burger and fries. So yummy but you can tell those are some empty calories right there :)

***Edit: If you have a Taco del Mar or a Taco Time nearby they both have 'light/healthier' menu options too and are tastier than Taco Bell (just my opinion). Good for you for looking into healthier options!
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili. It's about 300 calories, under two dollars, tasty, and filling.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I'm interested in this too, I'm always trying to figure out what is a good option when my husband wants to go out to eat, or for a quick lunch.
  • debbond58
    debbond58 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Subway has been my "go to" and I love it.where I have more trouble is with restaurants for a sit down dinner.I had a Thai beef salad a couple of weeks ago which wasn't bad because I brought half of it home but I went shopping with some friends and the chowder house was a lot harder.ended up having grilled Mahi tuna tacos.It's just hard to figure the calories.Glad I don't have to eat out more often.
  • gfuller46
    gfuller46 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes, taco bell - fresco grilled chicken taco (soft )
    side salads from McDonald, Wendy's and Chick fil A
    Medium Chicken Noodle soup (chick fil A) and Diet Lemonade (Chick fil A)
    Small Chili (Wendys) Light Lemonade
    1/2 Grilled chicken wrap (Chick fil A) Use light italian dressing (low in calories: smile:
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    subway, arbys junior roast beef sandwiches, chicken soft taco from taco bell. or you can always get kids meals.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell ~Bean Tosada, Bean Burrito, Original Crispy Taco~I often quiero Taco Bell! And it really is terrible Mexican food. Your local family taco stand is much more healthy. You know the tacos with the tiny handmade torillas & great hot sauce.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    LOL. I am laughing because I know I lowest calorie food from every fast food place near me. Not that I eat it a lot, but if I do I know what to get.

Carls JR BBQ chicken sandwich 390 cals
    KFC BBQ chicken sandwich 350?
    Jack in the box Chicken fajita pita 395 I think

Basically if you cant see the calories, you cant go wrong with grilled chicken, no cheese, no mayo.
    I try to know where I am going and look up the nutrition facts and plan ahead.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Nuggets at chick-fil-a
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Grilled Chicken, plain with a side of Sweet Chili Sauce (usually used for nuggets but GREAT with the grilled chicken!)

Wendy's Chili

Chick-Fil A's Carrot Raisin salad when I am out and about and wanting something a bit sweet
  • saynotofat
    Options
    I like the Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki on wheat. One of their low fat sandwiches. Lettuce and a bit of onion sauce, which I believe is fat free.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat out almost daily, and keep my fast-food trips to under 500 - 600 total (which fits my daily goals)..

My favorites:

Chickfillet Southwestern Salad - Very filling for only about 250 cals (skip the dressing and tortilla strips etc.) the corn salsa can take the place of dressing and is very good!

Chipotle - Chicken bowl, no rice, 1/2 black beans, normal chicken, hot salsa, lettuce ~ 450 - 500 cals depending on the server

Wendys - Single or double burger, eat everything but the bun, add a side salad with almost no dressing. Even with a double, it's less than 600 cal.

In-n-Out - Double-Double protein style; under 600 cal.

The secret for fast food... dont be stupid and order it as it comes... don't eat frys, dont upsize, don't eat a lot of mayo or 'special sauce'.
  • rubawaytheday
    Options
    Yes I love this too I get no cheese, wheat bread , the sweet onion sauce and lots of veggies. i like the baked lays with it.. on WW it was 3 points for the chips I will have to check the calories for this.