Starving the whole day to eat an high callorie food at dinne

Options
hey guys, i am going to eat out today, and i am thinking about going to a restaurante where they have high callorie foods.
my plan is to only eat about 180cals on breakfast, about 400calls on lunch, and reserve about 1000 callories / 1200 callories for dinner.
what do you guys think?

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I do it frequently. I think you'll be okay, if it's not a daily habit or anything. It may be a good idea to try to walk around a bit or get some exercise after your big-calorie dinner, but I think you'll be okay.
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Dont make a habit out of it. You should have most of your calories at breakfast then lunch and the least at supper.If I eat out I try to eat normal during the day but exercise more to compesate for the high calories at the restaurant.Try to have a walk afterwards as well:drinker:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I've done it when I know I have a big dinner coming up. In fact, I'm doing it today. I'm having oatmeal for breakfast (about 160 calories), mushroom chickpea soup (about 200 calories) for lunch, then leaving about 800 calories for dinner (no time to workout).

Another option is to eat normally but work out longer or harder - if you have the time to do so today.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i did that once......lol and by the time i got to go out and eat i couldnt fit much in my tummy lol i think it shrank or something :laugh:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Yep, that's my problem too. I save up all day and then my stomach shrinks and I can't eat much anyway.

As long as youre not skipping meals, I don't see how doing that occasionally would hurt.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Combine it with a good workout in the morning. You may see a rise on the scale but it will b back down within 2 days
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    alright i hope not to see a rise in the scale as it has been lowering by the day! :)
    yesterday 132.9 today 132.7
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I eat a LOT of night, so I do this almost daily. With exercise, it seemed to work for me.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can also eat a little less the next day ie average out calories for two days. You probably will be less hungry the day after anyway.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Banks posted something somewhere in here fairly recently about how many calories your body can process at one time. He was suggesting that you need to balance your total daily calories across your meals and snacks and try to avoid eating only a few hundred throughout the day and then 1000 in one sitting. Maybe he'll chime in here.....

It's probable, as others have suggested here, that doing this only very occasionally may not have a big impact on your overall goals.

Enjoy your meal out!
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could still indulge on your favorite high calorie dish, but bring some home so that you eat half tonight and half tomorrow. Then your body can have more time to deal with all those calories, and you can work in a little exercise. I agree with what Ripgirl said -- Banks has mentioned that your body can only deal with a certain amount of calories at one time... I believe the rest is stored as fat.

From what I gather, over time it isn't a big deal because it is a simple equation of calories out minus calories in, but I think once energy is stored as fat it is more difficult to get rid of because your body will not always want to use it as an energy source.

One cheat night here or there isn't going to halt your progress, but there are consequences to going COMPLETELY off your healthy meal plan, even for just one night. Adding a salad or getting a half portion can do a world of good! I just know how happy you have been with your current success and don't want to give you a false sense of hope that you will continue to lose lots of weight even if you consume several thousand calories in one meal. It just may slow you down a bit compared to what you are currently experiencing.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I've done it when I know I have a big dinner coming up. In fact, I'm doing it today. I'm having oatmeal for breakfast (about 160 calories), mushroom chickpea soup (about 200 calories) for lunch, then leaving about 800 calories for dinner (no time to workout).

Another option is to eat normally but work out longer or harder - if you have the time to do so today.

OT - mind sharing the recipe for that mushroom chickpea soup??
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    IMO, occasionally- like a couple times a year- I think it's ok, and actually smart to eat moderately for the day if you know you're going to have a larger dinner for whatever reason. However, the key word in that sentence was *occasionally*.

I think it's just about the same to just have days- occasionally- where you just plain old go over on your calories. Realistically, you aren't going to go the rest of your life without going over on your calories, and if you're looking at healthy eating as a permanent lifestyle change rather than a temporary diet, it happens.

Don't beat yourself up over it, or feel like you have to work out for hours on end in order to burn off every last calorie:noway: . That's my opinion, under the conditions that it's *occasional*
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    IMO, occasionally- like a couple times a year- I think it's ok, and actually smart to eat moderately for the day if you know you're going to have a larger dinner for whatever reason. However, the key word in that sentence was *occasionally*.

I think it's just about the same to just have days- occasionally- where you just plain old go over on your calories. Realistically, you aren't going to go the rest of your life without going over on your calories, and if you're looking at healthy eating as a permanent lifestyle change rather than a temporary diet, it happens.

Don't beat yourself up over it, or feel like you have to work out for hours on end in order to burn off every last calorie:noway: . That's my opinion, under the conditions that it's *occasional*

Bingo!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Wow... thanks :blushing: :bigsmile: Good to know I know what I'm talking about
  • Saken
    Options
    well i blew up the scale
    had 1200 callories left untill i ate:

a small goat dry cheese
    1 loaf of french bread
    1 "Francesinha" (see picture)
    francesinha.jpg
    Fries
    and two cans of diet coke

The Francesinha is composed by
    Two slices of bread , that contains several tipes of meat inside including sausages, ham and cow beef, with 2 or 3 slices of cheese on top and it's filled with a slighly hot sauce, this comes with fries :p

i think i have about 1500 callories in these guys, oh well today i blew up the scale by at least 300 callories
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    That would blow through me the scale wouldn't even see it. :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your friends.:flowerforyou:
    well i blew up the scale
    had 1200 callories left untill i ate:

a small goat dry cheese
    1 loaf of french bread
    1 "Francesinha" (see picture)
    francesinha.jpg
    Fries
    and two cans of diet coke

The Francesinha is composed by
    Two slices of bread , that contains several tipes of meat inside including sausages, ham and cow beef, with 2 or 3 slices of cheese on top and it's filled with a slighly hot sauce, this comes with fries :p

i think i have about 1500 callories in these guys, oh well today i blew up the scale by at least 300 callories
  • Saken
    Options
    i knew it!
    Yesterday i was 132.5
    today i am 133.8!
    Damit!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It's just water - prolly from sodium!

Don't worry, just keep going! You probably didn't eat the 7000 calories required to put on 2 lbs. :wink:
  • Saken
    Options
    well i did drink lots of water yesterday...
    i hope you are right :p