Have you ever run into an ex after you lost weight?

Options
kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
I'll preface this by saying I know this is me being the still slightly vindictive ex in me speaking and I swear I'm a nice person. lol

I haven't had the fortune of running into my ex in person, but we still have a bunch of mutual friends on FB. I stumbled across a picture of him today and I swear I almost didn't recognize him. He's gained a *lot* of weight since we split up. Today just happened to be a day that I feel incredibly good about my victories both on the scale and off - I've met my halfway goal, I'm almost in the 150s for the first time since I've gotten out of high school, I've lost a ton more inches than I would have even guessed, and life in general is just pretty awesome right now.

I guess just looking at the differences between how each of us apparently handled the stress of the breakup makes me even more proud of my decision to take more time for myself and focus on making myself a priority.

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i ran into my ex at the beach.. with my new man.. hahah double score!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I ran into an ex who is easily over 300 pounds now. We didn't recognize each other, and someone had to point him out to me....:wink:
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yep ... after he cheated for 3 years (yes i was oblivious), we split and I lost 45 pounds ... now he is pretty pissed that I won't give him another chance. It sucks he cheated but I am a much better person now and he is miserable .. all is good
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Not technically. Though my college ex keeps messaging me on Facebook every time I post a new pic. I've stepped it up x little just to toy with him. Ha!
    But ... I've gotta say... He looks daaaaaang fine. He's a douche. But dang !
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Uh huh - two of them. And as an added bonus, BOTH times I was wearing really cute, form fitting outfits and I looked HOT - SCORE! Needless to say, they couldn't keep their eyes off me - it was GREAT! It is FANtastic!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    sure did and i walked up to him and said "hey can i get your number?" he said "sure!" and then I said "you have no clue who I am do you?" which he replied "nope!".

keep in mind the last time he saw me I was about 200 pounds and 10 years younger. we chatted for a minute and I didnt get his number nor did I really want it. we dont hate each other and it was pretty funny.

if i had met him now I wouldnt have wanted to date him. funny how our taste changes when we get older. not that he was a troll just I know what he is like and i prefer to not be second to his momma.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    All the time because we have shared custody of our daughter lol . Many times he said that I look good and even asked me my program for his new girlfriend:smokin:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    They don't recognize me
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Many times. One of the upsides of being a lifetime yo-yo dieter. The downside is, I've run into exes many times after I'd gained weight, too.

I don't like running into exes under any circumstances, actually.
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I haven't run into my ex-wife, and I really wouldn't care if I did or not. :-) That's a win in itself!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly the only time i have was late at night at a gas station buying cigarettes, iced coffe, and a pickle. frumpy sweater, sweat pants, and hair lookin like crap haha. when we dated i was 100- 120 lbs with an eating disorder. when i saw him i was pushing 170... but it wouldnt have mattered if i lost weight or not. none of them would notice. thats the inconsiderate, attention lacking, lazy, rude people i decided to date before. i dont ever wanna see any of my exes again. it makes my heart heart. not because i miss them. or still love them or anything. but because of how things ended in general and how i wasted my f'in time, life, and teenage years on their sorry butts.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    All the time because we have shared custody of our daughter lol . Many times he said that I look good and even asked me my program for his new girlfriend:smokin:

Ha! I would have loved to be there when he gave her that info! "Here, Greta, my ex lost a lot of weight on MFP, maybe you would like to try it."
  • laguera2o9
    laguera2o9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    not yet, but I cant wait until I do lol
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    YES and it was amazing. His response to me was "wtf... GOD DAMN" Charming right? NOT.
    I just smiled and let him know I was still with his old best friend
    (which I've been with for over 2 years since me and the ex broke up lol)
    Needless to say, it felt amazing and I loved the look in his eyes when I shot him down.
    Karma's a ***** ;)
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    :laugh: It's hard not to gloat...right? It was a beautiful day though!:wink:
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    EVERY day at work.. gotta love it :).
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Many times. One of the upsides of being a lifetime yo-yo dieter. The downside is, I've run into exes many times after I'd gained weight, too.

I don't like running into exes under any circumstances, actually.

I would have to agree with this.I hate running into any ex and it always seems like I look my absolute worst when i do.Im pretty sure everyone would have to agree that when you see an ex you would prefer to look awesome.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bahaha YES! and he tried to get me back! hell no am i being with someone that shallow!
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    No but I did run into my ex after I had just rolled out of bed and ran to the store to get some eggs, no makeup on and looked like crap. So I was trying to play it cool and avoid him seeing me by pretending to text someone on my phone with my head down as I was walking through the parking lot. Needless to say I walked under a tree, got my hair caught in a branch, and as I was trying to untangle myself, he drove by laughing at me. Oops.