What can't I lose weight?

Options
I've been using this app and working out 4 times a week for about 2 months and I have only lost one pound! Anyone else having problems? I'm frustrated! I only want to lose 10 lbs the most. Any suggestions??

Replies

• rainbobrite929
    Options
    Maybe it's your diet. You should make your diary public so that others can see it and help you out.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    It gets harder to lose when you're close to your goal. If you open your diary it might make it easier to get suggestions.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I tried to take a peek at your diary, but, it is private... What is your calorie goal currently? Do you strength train?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say without seeing your diary.....How much are you eatting? are you sure your are eatting enough? Often when people don't have a lot to lose their calorie intake is too low.

Are you toning up? What types of exercise are you doing? Are you consuming water?

There are so many things to consider. I would look in the community tab and search some of the previous posts!
  • Gagaluvr
    Gagaluvr Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started with 1200 cal and doing cardio 3/5 times a week. Nothing changed. So someone told me maybe my body was in starvation mode. So I bumped my calories up to 1400. Still nothing! I also do weights 2-3 times a week high reps and lower weight. I've worked out since I was in my early 20's. I love it! I'll make my food journal open to public and hope you guys can give me suggestions. Thanks for the awesome support!!!
  • Gagaluvr
    Options
    I started with 1200 cal and doing cardio 3/5 times a week. Nothing changed. So someone told me maybe my body was in starvation mode. So I bumped my calories up to 1400. Still nothing! I also do weights 2-3 times a week high reps and lower weight. I've worked out since I was in my early 20's. I love it! I'll make my food journal open to public and hope you guys can give me suggestions. Thanks for the awesome support!!!
  • Gagaluvr
    Options
    Look before April 2nd... I had surgery on the 5th so no tracking was done after the 2nd. Most of the items I log are foods I eat everyday. I probably don't drink enuf water like I should be
  • MsMandyGrace
    Options
    Its just math. You are eating more or the same as you are using. Either up your workout drastically, or stop eating so much. I think mfp overestimates how many calories most people need. Eat less, and you will weigh less. The less fat you have on your body the harder it is to come off too.. your body wants to hold on to the last little bit. MFP says I should eat 1200 but when I eat that much I gain weight- even with excerise. Eating around 800 and working out, thats the only way I can lose wight. Drop the cals :( Hang in there!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you're eating enough. You shouldn't eat below your BMR from what I've learned. There's a BMR calculator on MFP, or try fat2fitradio.com's BMR calculator. I wasn't really looking at the foods you tracked, but the calories you took in. Are you tracking everything? And please don't eat 800 calories a day! When you make changes, you have to give your body time to adjust, like a month, not just a week.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Its just math. You are eating more or the same as you are using. Either up your workout drastically, or stop eating so much. I think mfp overestimates how many calories most people need. Eat less, and you will weigh less. The less fat you have on your body the harder it is to come off too.. your body wants to hold on to the last little bit. MFP says I should eat 1200 but when I eat that much I gain weight- even with excerise. Eating around 800 and working out, thats the only way I can lose wight. Drop the cals :( Hang in there!

Worst advice ever.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well, from what I see with ur food diary, you are not eating enough and alot of days are blank???
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Worst advice ever.
    Agreed. Based on the few complete days I see? NOT ENOUGH CALORIES.
    Please try logging your calories and exercise religiously for a couple of weeks. Make sure your NET is at least 1200, but preferably above whatever your BMR is. Good luck!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Worst advice ever.

^5 the above!! Seriously...800 calories a day! PPPFFFTTTTT! You cannot starve yourself, it is simply not healthy! Besides, when you lose weight unhealthfully you will gain it all back right away. The last few pounds is always the worst to lose. Do you have a heart rate monitor? Figure out what your hr should be at to burn fat with the site another poster listed above (fat2fit) and make sure when you exercise you are in that zone for 20-30 minutes straight. In the meantime I will look at your diary.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Do you know your TDEE? BMR? You should never eat below your BMR.
    Eating 800 calories a day is not healthy nor sustainable long term. I have to agree with the poster that said this advice is pretty bad. :(
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

You need to give more information. Post your daily macros, expand on what your workout is like. Do you eat back your exercise calories? How long have you been dieting? How much weight have you lost since you started dieting and how much do you weigh now?
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I looked at your diary. Not enough calories at all especially if you are exercising. Your body needs calories to burn them. You should be eating all throughout the day. If you are really eating the way you are logging you are causing your blood sugar to spike and then when you don't feed your body again it goes in 'starvation mode'. People opinions on here differ but the fact of the matter is, starvation mode exists and when you are not fueling your body properly it will start to store what you put in it and save it for later because your body is adapting to you not fueling it. Eat properly, watch your calories and your fat intake and continue exercising and the weight will start to come off.
  • Ginsuguy
    Ginsuguy Posts: 6
    Options

Eating around 800 calories and working out is not healthy for you body at all. You simply need more fuel than that just to function let alone workout. My 4 year old daughter eats around 1000 calories a day and is the 25th % for weight. The reason the previous poster is gaining weight at 1200 cals is probably b/c she has messed up her metabolism by eating so little.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    If someone is really small, 800 can be reasonable.

I just read an article on how cardio shuts down your metabolism in excess. I've seen much better results with light cardio (30 min or less) and heavy lifting than I ever got with cardio. I gained 0.5 lb of muscle in the last two months while losing a few pounds of fat. Training for a half marathon I lost a bit of fat, but almost 1/4 of my losses were muscle. Maybe try taking a cardiocation and give heavy lifting a chance :)

Edit: google "women running into trouble elite fts" to find that article. I don't know why but the link seems broken :(
  • Gagaluvr
    Options
    I weight 160 and I'm 5'10" I've weighed this weight forever and I just want to lose 10 lbs and have more definition. I know some days are blank but my breakfast past lunch are pretty much the same. Dinner varies. Now that I think about it I don't eat back my calories that I lose while working out. I do 30 min elliptical and 20 min treadmill. Then I switched it up. I started running, 3 min at 6.0 and fast walk 2 min. Did that 5-6 times. I want to start running and do 5K's in the future. But with this hernia operation its putting a hold on exercise which bums me out.