Only 930 calories?? Really??

Options

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I VERY rarely have trouble meeting my calorie goals no matter how healthy I eat. Don't avoid those usually "bad" diet foods....whole eggs, avacados, nuts....they have wonderful nutrients in them that your body needs.

That being said....you want ice cream? Eat the ice cream! If it's calling your name, it will eventually get to the point you can't resist and your apt to binge. If your eating it just to fill a calorie gap, eat something healthy mentioned above :-)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I consume 900 calories at breakfast every single morning... I am eating 3200-3400 calories a day... Can you eat Nuts... I eat 1 cup of Pistachios a day that alone is 320 calories.... At bedtime every night I go to bed with a glass (2 cups) of 1% chocolate milk (300 calories) 24 almonds (120 calories) and 1 cup of Kelloggs Crave Double Chocolate cereal (130 calories) I eat the almonds with the crave cereal, its like a chocolate/nut candy treat. This bedtime snack is 550 calories alone... 2 Tbps. of All Natural Peanut butter (I use Jiff) is 190 calories.... There is quite a few things you can have to make up enough calories to get to 1200/1300 calories.... Best of Luck...

..i don't understand why you'd eat calories before going to sleep..and 900 for breakfast is a ton..that seems like a good way to gain unwatned weight. and you seem like you take in wayy to much calories...i work out twice a day (hour lifting, hour boxing/cardio) and eat til i'm i'm not hungry and i'm nowhere near that.

I am a firm believer in eating back 85-90% of my exercise calories. My BMR is set to 2300 (with a 500 calorie deficit built in to lose 1 pound a week) I am eating 3200-3400 calories a day which is my BMR plus my exercise calories combined... Sure I kill 5 boxes a Kashi Go Lean crunch a week, along with a couple gallons of milks (that is my breakfast plus my coffee) but I keep adding my 1 pound weightloss to my ticker each week. So this may not work for everyone but I can tell you from experience and 305 lbs. lost in 34 months that this is working for me... lol...... Best of Luck......

Oh and the whole eating before bed myth has been debunked..... Calories are calories whether they are consumed early in the day or late at night... As long as you are within your caloric deficit you can eat your calories however they fit into your day.. I am a type 2 diabetic so I spread my food out over my day... 3 main meals and 3 snacks each day...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I consume 900 calories at breakfast every single morning... I am eating 3200-3400 calories a day... Can you eat Nuts... I eat 1 cup of Pistachios a day that alone is 320 calories.... At bedtime every night I go to bed with a glass (2 cups) of 1% chocolate milk (300 calories) 24 almonds (120 calories) and 1 cup of Kelloggs Crave Double Chocolate cereal (130 calories) I eat the almonds with the crave cereal, its like a chocolate/nut candy treat. This bedtime snack is 550 calories alone... 2 Tbps. of All Natural Peanut butter (I use Jiff) is 190 calories.... There is quite a few things you can have to make up enough calories to get to 1200/1300 calories.... Best of Luck...

..i don't understand why you'd eat calories before going to sleep..and 900 for breakfast is a ton..that seems like a good way to gain unwatned weight. and you seem like you take in wayy to much calories...i work out twice a day (hour lifting, hour boxing/cardio) and eat til i'm i'm not hungry and i'm nowhere near that.

Look at the muscles the guy is building - of course he can eat that much calories!:happy: And eating before bed does not make you fat if you are still within your allotted calories.....
  • CyberEd312
    Options

Look at the muscles the guy is building - of course he can eat that much calories!:happy: And eating before bed does not make you fat if you are still within your allotted calories.....

Lol Thanks!! If I could just cut the portion of my body out between my lower chest to my upper knee's I think I would be content after stretching my skin out as much as I did... Guess that is what the total body lift in June is going to take care of (exactly what I can't, no matter how hard I workout) :drinker:
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bumping to finish reading later.
  • osubrndn
    osubrndn Posts: 32
    Options

..anyone looks strong flexing during a workout. ...unless you're working out for 4 hours a day i don't see the need for that many...unless your weight is still pretty high.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    ..anyone looks strong flexing during a workout. ...unless you're working out for 4 hours a day i don't see the need for that many...unless your weight is still pretty high.

If it's working for him and he's losing everything he wants to lose, then... yes, he has a need for that many.

Ed, you're my frickin' hero! :drinker:
  • CyberEd312
    Options

If it's working for him and he's losing everything he wants to lose, then... yes, he has a need for that many.

Ed, you're my frickin' hero! :drinker:

Thank you!! If I was at my goal (which I am not quite there) my maintenance calories would be 2800 a day.... I workout 2 hrs. A day most days and burn 1200 calories on average per Polar FT60 HRM. When I ate less I often plateaud and once I started working in my exercise calories is when I started loosing again... Works for me so I am going to stick with it......
  • mommyjgo
    mommyjgo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been learning about eating right little by little and I'd say no way to the ice cream. Healthy vs unhealthy is the difference. And eating too little will cause your metabolism to shut down eventually. I eat 2460 ish calories daily and that's my maintenance level. If you notice, those who eat more, lose less, as long as it's healthy food. Starving yourself actually makes your body retain all the calories as fat. Weird how things work. Good luck! :)
  • mommyjgo
    mommyjgo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Btw, I think you're pretty awesome too Ed!! Congrats on all you've accomplished!! And you're doing it the RIGHT way!! :D
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself actually makes your body retain all the calories as fat. Weird how things work. Good luck! :)

You'd have to ACTUALLY be starving yourself for this to be applicable. It doesn't happen overnight, and the body doesn't retain all the calories as fat. If it done that, we'd never see pictures of skeletal people. It's so much more complicated than that.

Sorry, but there's just so much bullcrap floating around MFP. Take it all with a pinch of a salt. It's often truth exaggerated or taken out of context,
  • go_getter89
    go_getter89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eating health food means you have to eat more. Try to eat small snacks in between meals. I had the same problem of not eating over 1,000 calories when trying. I now eat a snack when I first wake up and then breakfast about an hour or two after and have health snack before bed. Eating 300 calories of ice cream may seem low but ice cream has alot of sugar and will slow your metabolism down. Especially eating it before bed it not good. If you want to have something to cheat as I call it say ice cream or candy try to eat in in the middle of the day. That way your body will have digested it before you go to sleep and it does not sit in your stomach and slow your metabolism.
  • go_getter89
    go_getter89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It does not happen over night but if you do not consume enough calories your body will try and store what calorie you do take in. If you continuously keep your calories to low you will loose weight but your body will be missing out on important nutrients. Also you will always have to maintain a very low calorie diet. If you ever increase your calories some time later you will put on some of the weight you lost. You need to find a calorie intake that is healthy for your body. If you have a fast metabolism you should consume more. If you are like me and your metabolism is slow you should not consume that many calories.
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My trainer says lean protein with every meal and low amounts of added sugars. Meat has calories, maybe you need more throughout the day?
  • ackkk
    ackkk Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

:laugh: I am sooooo confused why everyone is arguing with the guy who lost 305lbs! Clearly eating a 900cal breakfast is working for him and he's still losing (granted a 900cal breakfast is not wise for 99% of us!). I think listening to him should be what we are all doing. Eat MORE and enjoy losing weight! Congrats!!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

:laugh: I am sooooo confused why everyone is arguing with the guy who lost 305lbs! Clearly eating a 900cal breakfast is working for him and he's still losing (granted a 900cal breakfast is not wise for 99% of us!). I think listening to him should be what we are all doing. Eat MORE and enjoy losing weight! Congrats!!!

Exactly :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Eating health food means you have to eat more. Try to eat small snacks in between meals. I had the same problem of not eating over 1,000 calories when trying. I now eat a snack when I first wake up and then breakfast about an hour or two after and have health snack before bed. Eating 300 calories of ice cream may seem low but ice cream has alot of sugar and will slow your metabolism down. Especially eating it before bed it not good. If you want to have something to cheat as I call it say ice cream or candy try to eat in in the middle of the day. That way your body will have digested it before you go to sleep and it does not sit in your stomach and slow your metabolism.

:noway: sorry, what's this? Sugar slows your metabolism down? Is that real science or bro-science?

And, for the last time, eating before bed DOES NOT SLOW DOWN YOUR METABOLISM. It's not when you eat, it's WHAT you eat. It doesn't matter whether you eat in the middle of the day or before bed, it's still calories in vs calories out. Your body does not time your eating. And I'm pretty sure your body still digests food when you're sleeping.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump